cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blarue
Frequent Visitor

On new email with attachment trigger not working

Hi I am trying to use this template flow get email attachments to automatically post to a SharePoint Document library but the flow just wont trigger.  It's supposed to trigger when an new email arrives (I set it up to trigger when I get a new email in a specific folder, when I get a new email in my regular inbox folder and nothing works) 

All I want to do is create a SharePoint item in my existing document library when I get emails with attachments - can anyone help? 

thank you,

Brandi 

3 REPLIES 3
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I do this a lot and have found teh response time to be inconsistent,  but it does work.  Try something different to test.  If you have an outlook.com (old hotmail account)  you can create a flow where it is the trigger.  Outlook.com looks the same as the 365 and you can create sub folders that should trigger the flow.  If that work OK then it may be somthing blocking your excahnge server

Blarue
Frequent Visitor

Hi and thank you for your reply. I had no idea the trigger took so long to activate but it eventually did start running. The problem I am having now is each time a file is added to my SharePoint library it looks like this when i  try to open it 

Blarue_0-1622591167725.png

when i download it it wont open anything 

i was getting this using the flow template and thought all the extra bells and whistles (from filter and alert notification) might be getting in the way so i scratched it and created my own flow as shown: 

Blarue_1-1622591268466.png

but my files are still not uploading properly, any idea what i am doing wrong? it seems like such a simple flow, what am i missing? 

thank you, 

Brandi 

leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I don't think you do not need all the steps.  After the trigger you should simply need the create file using Attachment name and content

update.PNG 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,724)