cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baggins84
Level: Powered On

Once an Outlook email is received add it to a SharePoint List

Hello, my first of what I don't doubt will be many questions!

I have a SharePoint site that I use for information security, containing RSS feeds, links to DropBox and other document libraries.

I'm trying to make it so that users can email the site email address, that appears under groups in the admin centre so that when an email is sent to it with 'ticket' in the subject, it creates a ticket within the the helpdesk app that I have created.

I have found the 'Once an Outlook email is received add it to a SharePoint List' flow however this does not allow me to select the Inbox of the group email address, only my own inbox. I suppose I could set up a rule in the group box that forwards all emails to my personal email address and then a rule in my personal email that moves all emails to a folder named tickets, then have the flow run on the folder named tickets but that seems like a convuluted way of doing somehting that should be fairly straight forward. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Once an Outlook email is received add it to a SharePoint List

Hi @baggins84,

If you select the Inbox of the group email address, I afraid that there is no any way to acheive your needs since group email address is not supported in the "Folder" field of  trigger "When a new email arrives".

For your purpose to have the flow run on the folder named tickets, you could create the tickets folder in your outlook firstly.

And you could refer to screenhsot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

baggins84
Level: Powered On

Re: Once an Outlook email is received add it to a SharePoint List

At the minute, I'm trying out the following.

Emails that come to the group are fowarded to my Inbox, a rule then move emails from that account to a subfolder in my inbox.

I've then creared a flow to work on the subfolder within my Inbox and create the ticket. 

It's a bit hacky but should hopefully work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,899)