cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlprentice
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Once flow triggered on email, delay flow an hour, during hour delay check for emails that might change the outcome of the flow

I'm still brainstorming this, but I figured I'd ask here since someone may already have this figured out.

The easy part: An email arrives that contains the string DOWN, an item on a SharePoint list gets updated in response to reflect the DOWN string. The same thing happens when an email arrives with an UP string.

The brainstorming part: The ask though is to not set the SharePoint item right away to DOWN, but to leave things in flux for an hour doing periodic checks for an UP email during this 1 hour of flux time. If an UP string is detected during this hour doing something with the UP email detected, and archive away the DOWN email that started the flow.

Its basically an alerting system with very limited alerting criteria in the software so we are trying to build in some controls in flow. For example, something goes down, we get the email, instead of processing it right away give some cushion time since the alerting system is a bit overzealous.

Thanks for the help in advance

Here is what my ad-hoc item looks like

idea.png

1 REPLY 1
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @dlprentice 

Your flow looks fine for what you are trying to do.

The only thing is maybe look at using a subject filter in your trigger rather than a condition.  This will save unnecessary triggers of your flow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (3,410)