cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Email reminder on due date by employee name for a SP task list

Hi,

I am using a SP OOTB task list for one of the HR boarding on process for new hires. I already have a flow setup that triggers on form submission and populates all necessary tasks in a task list. New hire employee name gets logged into Employee Name field for each task into the task list, see sample screenshot below from task list.

Capture.PNG

Employee name is a free text and Responsible Party is a people picker field (internal name: AssignedTo). Above screenshot shows that there are 3 new hires: Brian, Stephanie and Scott for which responsible parties have overdue tasks.

Now I would like to automate email alerting for reminders when

1. due date is today or  

2. due date eq today-1 or 

3. due date eq today-2 or

4. due date eq today-3 or

So it should fetch all tasks that suits all 4 use cases above using get items along with Status eq 'not started' as I only want to alert for non completed tasks. 

Now the functionality I am looking to achieve is: One email to responsible party by Employee name so based on the screenshot above, responsible parties should recieve one email per employee name informing that there is a task due. Email body is simply static like "AS a reminder, please complete your task."

So responsible parties: Justim, Kimey and Raul should receive one email for each employee. Can someone please help me with flow solution for this, thanks in advance. FYI, I wanted to make sure that based on screenshot above Raul should not receive two emails for same employee name, Raul has 2 overude tasks for each employee name so I would like to avoid duplication in this case and making sure that Raul should only get one email per employee.

7 REPLIES 7
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Check out the reminder template that shows up when you go FLow -> Reminder -> Task Due Date.

That should give you a good idea on what you want to do. the only additional bit you would want to do is query for a list of responsible people as well and then make that a unique array to loop on for the email message

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gristy thanks for taking the time to answer, appreciate it. Honestly I am still in the learning phase of flow so it would be great if u could share a flow solution with screenshot to achieve what I am looking for, thanks again.

Sorry do not really have the time at the moment, but take a look at that template you mentioned it will get you quite a fair way along.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZachRoberts wanted to see if you could assist on this, appreciate any help on this.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'll look into it and let you know what I find out!

Thanks,

Zach

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much, appreciate it @ZachRoberts 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry if I misunderstand your request 😊 but wouldn't it be easier to send the responsible party an email with all of their tasks that are due/overdue instead of an email for each new employee? You could then use the task reminders list from https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/microsoft-flow-get-all-items-with-distinct-Assigned-to-User-and/m-p/373244#M31504 to accomplish this setup and you would only have to tweak the get items to only the due/overdue items.

Thanks,
Zach

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,090)