cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Email reminder on due date by employee name for a SP task list

Hi,

I am using a SP OOTB task list for one of the HR boarding on process for new hires. I already have a flow setup that triggers on form submission and populates all necessary tasks in a task list. New hire employee name gets logged into Employee Name field for each task into the task list, see sample screenshot below from task list.

Capture.PNG

Employee name is a free text and Responsible Party is a people picker field (internal name: AssignedTo). Above screenshot shows that there are 3 new hires: Brian, Stephanie and Scott for which responsible parties have overdue tasks.

Now I would like to automate email alerting for reminders when

1. due date is today or  

2. due date eq today-1 or 

3. due date eq today-2 or

4. due date eq today-3 or

So it should fetch all tasks that suits all 4 use cases above using get items along with Status eq 'not started' as I only want to alert for non completed tasks. 

Now the functionality I am looking to achieve is: One email to responsible party by Employee name so based on the screenshot above, responsible parties should recieve one email per employee name informing that there is a task due. Email body is simply static like "AS a reminder, please complete your task."

So responsible parties: Justim, Kimey and Raul should receive one email for each employee. Can someone please help me with flow solution for this, thanks in advance. FYI, I wanted to make sure that based on screenshot above Raul should not receive two emails for same employee name, Raul has 2 overude tasks for each employee name so I would like to avoid duplication in this case and making sure that Raul should only get one email per employee.

7 REPLIES 7
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Check out the reminder template that shows up when you go FLow -> Reminder -> Task Due Date.

That should give you a good idea on what you want to do. the only additional bit you would want to do is query for a list of responsible people as well and then make that a unique array to loop on for the email message

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gristy thanks for taking the time to answer, appreciate it. Honestly I am still in the learning phase of flow so it would be great if u could share a flow solution with screenshot to achieve what I am looking for, thanks again.

Sorry do not really have the time at the moment, but take a look at that template you mentioned it will get you quite a fair way along.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZachRoberts wanted to see if you could assist on this, appreciate any help on this.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'll look into it and let you know what I find out!

Thanks,

Zach

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much, appreciate it @ZachRoberts 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry if I misunderstand your request 😊 but wouldn't it be easier to send the responsible party an email with all of their tasks that are due/overdue instead of an email for each new employee? You could then use the task reminders list from https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/microsoft-flow-get-all-items-with-distinct-Assigned-to-User-and/m-p/373244#M31504 to accomplish this setup and you would only have to tweak the get items to only the due/overdue items.

Thanks,
Zach

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,351)