cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALEXANDERIII
Level: Powered On

One email to approve many items from the SharePoint List

Hello, everyone,

I am looking if it is possible to send one Approval email to approve multiple items.

For example, I want a manager to choose to which software an employee should have an access.

I have a Sharepoint list, the key is Employee and it has 3 columns representing software. The initial value for each column is No.

So I want a manager to receive One approval email asking to approve/reject access to these 3 systems.

Then I plan to record it to Sharepoint. Is it possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: One email to approve many items from the SharePoint List

Hi @ ALEXANDERIII,

Thank you for posting.

Could you show more about configuration of your sharepoint list?

I have create a new sharepoint list, it have five column as sceenshots below:

1.jpg

Title is a default column,

The type of Software1, Software2, Software3 is“Yes/No”, those field’s Default value set to “No”.

The type of Employee is “Person or Group”, In the More options of Column settings, I set the “Require that this column contains information” and “Enforce unique values”  to “Yes”.

as your referred in your post, the Employee field is the key of the list, so this field must have value and the value is required to be unique.

I have made a test on my side, you could refer to workaround below:

1. Add a trigger “When an item is created”, fill in your Site Address and List Name.
  2. Add action “Start an approval”, select the Approval type, fill in the Title and Assigned to Field, you could fill in the Link to item dynamic content of trigger “When an item is created” in the “Item link” Field, fill in the Title dynamic content of trigger “When an item is created” in the “Item link description” Field.
  3. Add a Condition, the first value set to the Response dynamic content of “Start an approval” action , the second value set to “Approve”, the condition in the middle select is equal to.
  4. Inside the If yes, Add action “Update item”, fill in your Site Address and List Name, fill in the ID dynamic content of trigger “When an item is created” in the “Id” Field, fill in the Title dynamic content of trigger “When an item is created” in the “Title” Field
  5. The field of Software1, Software2, Software3 set to Yes.

Image reference:

2.jpg

The flow run successfully as below:

3.jpg

Regards,
Alice Zhang

ALEXANDERIII
Level: Powered On

Re: One email to approve many items from the SharePoint List

Dear @v-yuazh-msft

Thanks a lot for your reply, it helps, but helps partially and here is why:

I wanted to be able to see a list of items as Software1 Software2 Software3 and approve them in one email but separately, meaning that I might want to approve access to Software1 but not Software2.

But using your solution and just an email instead of the approval I can send a direct link to the item to a specified person, so they would be able to see the options and check them in SharePoint list view.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 87 members 3,327 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: