Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dills123
Level: Powered On

One form, with manager and user section to be be filled out separately

Hi There,

I am trying to create a flow which basically will be a form submitted by a user, then then needs to be emailed to their manager, and their manager need to fill out the mananger section of the form. After this the form needs to be sent the health and safety manager approving the form and completing their section of the form.

Please help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: One form, with manager and user section to be be filled out separately

Hi @Dills123,

Are you working with Microsoft forms?

From your description, it seems that you just have one form with three sections, User section, manager section, and Safety manager section. Could you share more details on how is your form created?

I have made a flow likes below, please check it for a reference.

In the form, there is a choice column “who are you” contains three selections: user, manager, safety manager. An email will be sent out from flow according to who submitted the response.

Add a switch case in the flow, in case it equals user, manager, or safety manager.

Within each case, send an email to the next submitter with a link of the form so that they could reach the form from the email.

<a href="a link of the form">FormURL</a>

Note: Please enable Yes for Is HTML field of action Send an email.

A screenshot likes below.

1.PNG

Please check it for a reference and try it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dills123
Level: Powered On

Hi Mabel @v-yamao-msft

Yeah using MS Forms. So basically what I want to do is have 3 separate forms. The first form will be for an employee to fill out, this then automatically gets sent to their manager to answer a few questions and sign off their bit. Then the 3rd part will need to send all of that info to the 3rd person for them to answer a few questions and set it to approved or not.

Does that make sense?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Dills123,

Thanks for updating.

I assume that you will need to have three flows for each form. Flow1 for employees to fill out required info, Flow2 for their Manager, Flow3 for the third person.

Please try to insert the form link into the email body so that the Manager and the third person could reach the form by clicking the link directly.

You said that “the 3rd part will need to send all of that info to the 3rd person”, do you want to collect all the responses of the two previous forms then send it to the third person? I am afraid that it might be not possible for flow to achieve it. Please consider submitting a request on Flow Ideas Forum at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,980)