Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abieba
Helper III
Helper III

OneDrive Business Sharing Property

Hello Guys,

Please  I need help with this flow, So with the new MS Teams process, recorded meetings are auto stored in OneDrive and the property of the file is set to shared automatically.  So I want to create a flow to ensure that, when the recorded video is auto created from MS Teams, and the property is set to shared, the flow will act and turn its Sharing property to Private.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abieba 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you want to change file access level from shared to private. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

I’m afraid there is no solution regarding your requirement. I tried all of actions of OneDrive but none of them contains sharing permission parameter. Thus, there is no direct action to change property.

However, I noticed if we create a same file, the sharing property will be configured as private by default.

Therefore, I found a workaround if we can create a new video file in another folder and remove the original one created by Teams. I’m not sure whether it meets your requirement, but seems it’s the only way.

v-duann-msft_0-1615963616313.png

Once we run flow, the file will be copied to another folder in OneDrive and listed as private. We can’t choose the same folder location to store the backup file otherwise the flow will keep on running forever due to ‘when a file is created’ trigger.

v-duann-msft_1-1615963616315.png

v-duann-msft_2-1615963616320.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Thanks

Anna

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abieba 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you want to change file access level from shared to private. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

I’m afraid there is no solution regarding your requirement. I tried all of actions of OneDrive but none of them contains sharing permission parameter. Thus, there is no direct action to change property.

However, I noticed if we create a same file, the sharing property will be configured as private by default.

Therefore, I found a workaround if we can create a new video file in another folder and remove the original one created by Teams. I’m not sure whether it meets your requirement, but seems it’s the only way.

v-duann-msft_0-1615963616313.png

Once we run flow, the file will be copied to another folder in OneDrive and listed as private. We can’t choose the same folder location to store the backup file otherwise the flow will keep on running forever due to ‘when a file is created’ trigger.

v-duann-msft_1-1615963616315.png

v-duann-msft_2-1615963616320.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Thanks

Anna

abieba
Helper III
Helper III

Hello Anna,

Thanks, this helped and would actually work, but it  means, I will need to create the flow for all accounts who would be creating meetings.

Hi @abieba 

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you are right. Otherwise, you may choose SharePoint folder to store them.

Best regards,

Anna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (5,089)