cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobW

OneDrive Convert PPTX To PDF is breaking embedded http links

I'm finding this converter will stop processing a link upon seeing the # sign in a URL. For example:

https://inrix.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OIT/pages/533599/QMS-Enabled+Procedures#QMS-EnabledProcedure...

becomes:

https://inrix.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OIT/pages/533599/QMS-Enabled+Procedures

Are there workarounds for this, or improvements being worked on? I've tried placing double quotes around the URL already without success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobW,

I think this is a flaw in Convert file action, which removes a part of the link.

I added the hyperlink into the PPTX by paste in the text box, and the display text no changes, but hyperlink happend the same issue as yours.

No matter the file is store in SharePoint or OneDrive, it will work above. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobW,

I tried on my side to convert PPTX to PDF by using Convert file action, but not find the same issue:

Screenshot 2021-03-23 152015.jpg

This is my Flow:

Screenshot 2021-03-23 152232.jpg

Could you please share your Flow configuration?

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I no longer have it as I was under some time pressure. Based on another post here for a different issue with the OneDrive converter, I moved to the Encodian converter's free version (50 uses per month).

In a separate flow, I will try to recreate this issue and share it with you in a few days.

ok, I've rebuilt the flow I had before as a separate flow, so I can modify it standalone. here are the details. My source PPTX has both ways of adding a link, on the text of an item, and on an item such as a box. Both have the same truncated behavior.

Please let me know what else I can provide to help get it working like yours does.

pdf conversion overview.JPGpdf conversion OneDrive steps.JPGpptx box link.jpgpptx text link.jpg

overall, I'm putting a SharePoint file into OneDrive, then converting it, and then copying that file content back to a SharePoint file. This is a bit different than yours since you are converting a file already on OneDrive, and then saving it in-place on OneDrive. I just can't think of a reason why the file content portion of this would vary.

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobW,

I think this is a flaw in Convert file action, which removes a part of the link.

I added the hyperlink into the PPTX by paste in the text box, and the display text no changes, but hyperlink happend the same issue as yours.

No matter the file is store in SharePoint or OneDrive, it will work above. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Just to be clear, this is broken at present, and requires an external workaround (such as use of a 3rd party converter)?

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobW,

You are right, 3rd party converter is the workaround for this issue.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,944)