cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

OneDrive Copy

Hi, I am trying to build a FLOW that copies a file from BOX to ONEDRIVE (For Business) Everytime that file is modified in BOX.

I made a BOX - "When File is Modified" Step and selected the path to the folder, where the files i wish to monitor are. Note this looks at the whole folder, cant seem to get it to look at a single file, which would be better??

Then i added an "Email" to notify me of the files that have been modified (this works really well)

Then i added a step OneDrive - "Copy File", This asks for a URL to the source file, that file being on BOX, went to the file, and copied the source link from the "share link" feature in box. Then is asks for Destination path, again, this is a URL, so i used the "Copy Link" from the folder in OneDrive (I only have web access)
I set Overwrite to "Yes"

My Flow works from tracking the modifications and emailing me, but it does not copy the files, I just get access error issues?
I cant find any detail or documentation on who this is meant to be setup, I have tied the same as above but with the BOX - Copy File step, same issue. Any ideas?????

Thanks,

B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: OneDrive Copy

Hi @Anonymous,

I think the copy file action file URL should be the OneDrive file path generated by the OneDrive related action, not the Public URL.

The URL copied from the Webpage would need authentication information, which is not a supported scenario under Flow action.

So to make the scenario work, you may consider siwtch to the following way:

25.PNG

Here we first list files in OneDrive corresponding folder, then add a condition to check if file from Box already exists, if yes, update file, if not, create a new file.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

I think the copy file action file URL should be the OneDrive file path generated by the OneDrive related action, not the Public URL.

The URL copied from the Webpage would need authentication information, which is not a supported scenario under Flow action.

So to make the scenario work, you may consider siwtch to the following way:

25.PNG

Here we first list files in OneDrive corresponding folder, then add a condition to check if file from Box already exists, if yes, update file, if not, create a new file.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Thank you for this, I had not considered the File listing to create a condition from, quite smart.

I have done as you suggested, and i am getting a "Success" status, but i am not getting any files in OneDrive. I have set the permissions for the folder to "Anyone" from just the company, but i would have assumed that my login would be sufficient?

Thank you for your help,

Ben

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-micsh-msft

So i think the issue is in the the "For Each", I created a dummy (blank) file in OneDrive and re-ran the FLOW, it updated that file.

But it tells me the Create File branch is not satisfied.

I think the issue is, there is no way for it to check the existing files on the first run, until they are modified. So it will update files that are already in OD, Files are modified in BOX or created in BOX, but for the first run, it will not create copies of the files already in the BOX folder, until they are modified.

I think, i could create a check list above the "When modified" to do a copy over of existing files.. ill get back to you.

Thanks for the help,

B

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,287)