Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AnthonyJackson
Level: Powered On

OneDrive - Excel Get Rows - Create Sharepoint Item

Hi guys,

I am new to the community and to Flow but it looks a powerful tool if you know what you are doing with it! Smiley Happy

I am having some challenges trying to pull data from an Excel sheet and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction:

The goal is:

1. Client supplies an Excel file via email

2. Flow picks it up and places in OneDrive.

3. Flow then uses the get rows to loop through each line.

4. Flow then creates a new item in a list already setup from the data from the sheet.

So far I have managed to get the Flow working fully if I pick the Excel file already on OneDrive.

What I cant get working is for Flow to use the file supplied via email dynamically.

Ive seen some posts online about playing around with the sheet name to use filepath and file identifier with no luck on both (both give me different errors)

Error with using File path: Failed to read metadata from file source: Response from the end service is: Bad Request

Error with using File Identifier: Failed to read metadata from file source: Response from the end service is: Not Found

Please see SS of the Flow below:

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 10.01.01 am.png

If anyone can help that would be great!

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: OneDrive - Excel Get Rows - Create Sharepoint Item

Hi @AnthonyJackson,

Using the file path will not work.

Here we need switch it to the File Identifier.

But something that you should take a note:

1. For the trigger, it will fire with any file type, and only file type is the Excel file format, the Get Rows will work.

2. In addition to the File Name, there is also a Table name there would be needed to input, and the table name is depending on the inputted File Name. We need to know the Table Name when designing the flow,

38.PNG

So the situation here is, to have all the files uploaded into this OneDrive folder restricted to only Excel file, and make the table name a unified standard.

For example, all excel files uploaded should contain only one table with the corresponding table name set to Table2, then the flow would work:

39.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AnthonyJackson
Level: Powered On

@v-micsh-msft

iMisa
Level: Power Up

hi,

what if there is not table on the attached excel file? how to extract the datas and put it in another excel file that has table?

bilaldev1
Level: Power Up

@v-micsh-msft

hi,

what if there is not table on the attached excel file? how to extract the datas and put it in another excel file that has table?

Thanks in advance

Bilal

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 322 members 4,751 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: