Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DuarteMeneses
Frequent Visitor

OneDrive - File created vs modified

Hello everyone,

I've created 2 flows for a OneDrive shared folder:

• A flow that sends an email notifying everyone that has access to the folder, when a file is modified;
  • A flow that sends an email notifying everyone that has access to the folder, when a file is created.

In each flow I've used the following OneDrive for Business trigger:

• When a file is modified;
  • When a file is created.

When I edit a file, everything works as expected: only the "When a file is modified" trigger is activated.

My problem is when I add or create a new file to the folder, both triggers are activated.

My understanding is that the "When a file is modified" triggers works like it was "When a file is created (or modified)", and that would be ok if I could check if the file is new or just modified. How can I do that?

Thank you,

Duarte

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

To check if its a new file compare the Created and Modified Dates.  If they are the same then the file is New.  If they are different the file is being edited.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I thought about it but unfortunately I don't know how to get the Created Date. Another thought was checking the file version, but unfortunatelly I only get the following metadata:

DuarteMeneses_0-1641991858615.png

How can I get the Created Date or the File Version? Thank you

I just tried it and you are correct.  I'm not sure why the connector for SharePoint provides both Created and Modified, but OneDrive only does Modified.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,512)