cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wiese
Helper I
Helper I

OneDrive Shared Folder

I have a flow that is triggered from a PowerApp when a button is clicked.  It uploads a file to a SHARED folder.  The flow runs and succeeds, but it doesn't use the shared folder, it creates that same folder for each user.  How do I pass in the full path name of the shared folder so it understands where I want it to go.  If I created the shared folder and  name it FOO, then share it with 10 other users, the Flow creates a FOO folder for each user instead of using the originally shared FOO folder.  I need all the files uploaded with the flow to go to one folder that everyone can get to and use.  What am I missing

Thanks in advance for any and all help - I am really stuck and this project depends on this being resolved.   I need to make OneDrive Business work and not a different storage solution.

5 REPLIES 5
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @Wiese  please share us an screanshot 🙂

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

2020-04-29_15-13-40.png

The very first flow that exhibits this behavior is the one that retrieves the list of existing filenames. It looks at each user's own OneDrive and not the Shared Folder.

From PowerApps, I call the flow with this code:

Set(FileNames,GetFileNamesFromOneDrive.Run(SearchPath).filenamestring)

SearchPath is a variable that contains the name of the Shared Folder

Hello @Wiese 

This is happening because:

When having a Flow with PowerApps trigger.

All the connections that get used are being used by the person that triggered the Flow inside PowerApps.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

That makes sense... how can I pass in the path of the Shared Folder so that it is using the correct folder?

Is the path name in the link that is sent to the user that it gets shared with?  That link looks like this:

https://company-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/my_user_name/EsYF3C9xAQtMgb2TmPRthDEBPvKztf5dLlql6azXTEOgtg?...

efialttes
Super User
Super User

I an afraid my suggestion is posted one and a half year later...

Anyway, I believe that if you concatenate two flows, you can get what you are looking for. So th first flow has PowerApps trigger, and it calls a second flow by means of an HTTP request.

The second flow runs in your Power Automate Account, it is triggered when an HTTP request is received, and it is in charge of storing the file in your shared folder.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,928)