cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

OneDrive to SharePoint migration based on modified date

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to flows and would love to get your help with a task I've got.

Two weeks ago we've moved all users files and folders to SharePoint while keeping most of the folder structure the same.

Now we want to make a cutoff and hopefully automate a way to move only the items they've worked on the past two weeks.

Some of the users worked on a few hundreds of items and/or created new ones so manual work will be hard.

Is there any way to automate this task using flows? So far I've found built-in flows that initiate only with a file have just been modified, but couldn't find a task that filters items based on modification date and then merge them into the site.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or if you ever made this flow and able to share.

Thanks,
Ofer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: OneDrive to SharePoint migration based on modified date

Hi @oferz 

The flow did not evaluate because of the date condition.

You are using greater than current Date so it will not cause any dependent actions to succeed; i was just adding it as in example while showing how to do it, you need to modify to suit your business

Mira_Ghaly_0-1596579286282.png

To save to sharepoint there is not direct action to copy from one drive to sharepoint but you need to create the file in sharepoint, So use the Get File content to retrieve the file content using Input Parameter Id from you List Files in a Folder Action and then Create File in SharePoint is illustrated in the below image

Mira_Ghaly_1-1596579684273.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

MG (Naturally Curious)

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@oferz 

You can make a Manual flow that calls the List Files Action and then a condition on the Last Modified on Date

Mira_Ghaly_0-1596535143233.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.

MG (Naturally Curious)

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply!

I've gone through and made this flow, but I've got an error while running it:

"ActionFailed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded."

My idea is to move all items under a single folder in the OneDrive, and then moving the folder to SharePoint since I haven't found an action to copy files from OneDrive to SharePoint while automating or manually entering the destination for each identified item.

Thanks again,

Ofer.

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @oferz 

The flow did not evaluate because of the date condition.

You are using greater than current Date so it will not cause any dependent actions to succeed; i was just adding it as in example while showing how to do it, you need to modify to suit your business

Mira_Ghaly_0-1596579286282.png

To save to sharepoint there is not direct action to copy from one drive to sharepoint but you need to create the file in sharepoint, So use the Get File content to retrieve the file content using Input Parameter Id from you List Files in a Folder Action and then Create File in SharePoint is illustrated in the below image

Mira_Ghaly_1-1596579684273.png

MG (Naturally Curious)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@Mira_Ghaly 

Thanks, I've managed to make it work!

Only one question, is there an automated flow that goes recursively through the sub-folders? so far I've managed to make it to get only the given folder list.

Thanks again,
Ofer.

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@oferz

Currently there is no way you can vote for the idea here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Copy-folder-with-subfolders-between-onedriv...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,147)