Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyWork
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Only run once type of question

Hi

I have a flow that sends an email when the status of the item is = "Closed".
Now my issue is that due to the trigger is when the item is modified, it will send this email if the item is modifed afterwards, for example if the user makes a comment on a closed item it will send the email from the flow checking the status again.

What would the best way to solve this be?

I was thinking the following.
At the end of the Flow checking the status i update a column named "ClosedCheck" i set the value to true in this column.
And i have a condition in the flow checking if the the column "ClosedCheck" is set to true do not run. Does this sound like a good solution or is there anyone better?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In that case the solution that you are thinking of checking the condition of ClosedCheck works well.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@JimmyWork , you could also to a flow with recurrence trigger, which gets item for items which are closed and ClosedCheck is not set to true, then loop through those items and send emails for those items and also set ClosedCheck to true for those items. 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

@annajhaveri Thank you but that will not work for the full setup and functions it has. But I appreciate the answer 🙂

In that case the solution that you are thinking of checking the condition of ClosedCheck works well.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,356)