cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only send email as the user saves the changes to a SharePoint list.

I have a flow that should send emails once a solution has been added to the multi-line column "Solution". For some reason does the flow get triggered if I switch tab or stop writing for a while. I guess the SharePoint list have some kind of auto-save function? How do I modify the item to only send one email as the user press "Save"? The column "Completed" is only for filter and statistic purpose and I have another flow that change completed from "No" to "Yes" as a solution has been added.

flow.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

if you cannot control user behaviour by them not part saving a solution, i suggest maybe you make a boolean field i.e. yes / no and then ask them to tick it once completed. Then have a condition something like:

@equals(triggerBody()?['SolutionComplete'],true)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

there is no auto-save in sharepoint, unless they are maybe editing via quick edit?

you could do a condition on the trigger under settings maybe something like:

@not(empty(triggerBody()?['Solution']))

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a a lot of persons are using this list so I can't really ask them all. But I guss they are using quick edit, at least that make sense. If I understand your solution correctly is your code checking if the field is empty? That is not the case, the email is always sent with just a part of the solution, no empty emails are being sent. Thank you anyway, I appreciate your help and I should probably have mentioned the emails are not empty in the post. @Gristy 

if you cannot control user behaviour by them not part saving a solution, i suggest maybe you make a boolean field i.e. yes / no and then ask them to tick it once completed. Then have a condition something like:

@equals(triggerBody()?['SolutionComplete'],true)

Hi @Anonymous,

Has your problem been solved by @Gristy 's advice?

If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,332)