cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Open URL by clicking"selected option" in email with options

I have a flow that sends an email with options.
Selection of the first option updates a SharePoint object, this works just fine. But If the recipient is selecting the second option, I want to open an url in the browser. I cannot find a way to do this. Is it possible?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MrtnM,

You can't as opening a browsser is not a process that can be kicked off from a background process in Flow. Why don't you just include the HTML for a button with a link to the site in your email? 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @MrtnM,

You can't as opening a browsser is not a process that can be kicked off from a background process in Flow. Why don't you just include the HTML for a button with a link to the site in your email? 

View solution in original post

Thanks, I thought that could be the case. When I click the first button, Chrome opens and a thank you-message ("Your answer was registered") is displayed. But this is maybe some special feature?

Yes, adding an HTML button was my second choice, however I don't think I can place this button next to the "real" button, but have to place in in the message text, so it will not look good.

... and by the way, if I create a html "fake" button - I guess the Flow will be marked as unsuccessful after 30 days, since the Flow does not notice the click on the html button?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,484)