cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudosaurus
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

OpenApiOperationParameterTypeConversionFailed on Update Item - copying folder path from document library to list column

Hello,

In the below flow, I have it set that when an item is created, the item is updated with a custom Contract Reference.

The next action, grabs that reference and creates a folder in a document library with the same name.

The next action is supposed to go back to the item and write the folder location URL path to the "Document Folder" column.

CSR_Flow1.png

CSR_Flow2.png

CSR_Flow3.1.png

CSR_Flow3.2.png

However, when the flow is run, it fails on the second "Update item" action and results in the following error.
* Note, the custom reference number is written to the list item and the folder is correctly created in the document library.

OpenApiOperationParameterTypeConversionFailed. The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Update_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'item/DocumentFolder' is required to be of type 'String/uri'. The runtime value '"Contract Documents/"' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'String/uri'.

6 REPLIES 6
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @sudosaurus 

What's the Date Type of Document Folder? Is this a string? Also check the runtime and see what value is returned for Folder Path?

A screenshot will be helpful.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

So, the "Contract Ref" column gets auto populated with this custom reference:
LWCM-DATE-ID

LWCM-@{formatDateTime(triggerOutputs()?['body/Contract_x0020_Start_x0020_Date'],'dd-MM-yyyy')}-@{triggerOutputs()?['body/ID']}

contract-ref.png

On the "Create folder in document library" action, a folder created and named the same as the custom reference number.

folders.png

Then I have the second Update Item action where I choose Folder Path and place it in the "Document Folder" column which is of the type: URL or Picture

doc folder.png

abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @sudosaurus 

Thanks for the update.

Are you only updating Folder Path in your second Update Item? What's the column data type (text)?  

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

Hello,

I am using the hyperlink type so that the URL is clickable..

ClintWoods
Regular Visitor

Did you ever solve this? Please post the fix if so

kat
Microsoft
Microsoft

Refer to this article : Setting and Updating SharePoint Hyperlink fields in Flow and Logic Apps - Collab365

URLs are basically special objects and you should use a REST API call to update url fields.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more help

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,908)