Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PJBruen
Resolver I
Resolver I

Opening a Sharepoint Document in Read-Only Mode

Hi, 

I have a PowerApp whereby a case is created and a document is saved to the Sharepoint Document Library and referenced by the case. Whilst the document goes through various stages of approval, it can be viewed and edited by clicking a link to it using the command Launch(First(colSelectedDocuments).'Link to item'). This all works fine!

However, what I would like to be able to do, is when the document has been fully approved, is there a way to change the link so that the document only opens in Read-Only mode?

I've since tried building this in Power Automate, but I get stuck on the first HTTP request;

https://sergeluca.wordpress.com/2018/05/03/assign-unique-permissions-to-a-document-with-the-new-send...

The error I get is:

The expression "lists/getByTitle(‘Documents’)/items(1)/breakroleinheritance(copyRoleAssignments=false,clearSubscopes=true)" is not valid.
clientRequestId: cb961482-17a5-4d40-ae78-893386123126
serviceRequestId: 820a939f-c0ee-2000-70ec-a673bfc63c7a

(I've tried changing the Items parameter to the ID of a document in the list...still no luck.  /items(1)/

Many thanks

Paul

21 REPLIES 21

See my explanation above.  This is what I would expect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Nova13055
Frequent Visitor

Just change the "action=default" to "action=view" in the link property of document.

Open Documents Read-Only in Modern SharePoint | IBS Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,399)