cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Opening a Word Document in SharePoint for editing

I have created a Word Document in my SharePoint Document Library. Now all I want to do is have the flow open the document so the user can edit it. 

I have looked everywhere for an answer and can't seem to find one. What action in Power Automate do I use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@365-Assist  ok, shure you can do this using RPA module UIFlows + web App

UI.png

UI flows are very simple to use so just install everyting the tools need and then is easy like clic on record and do what you need to do. 

Hope you this can helps.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @365-Assist  open the document? what do you mean exactly, because If you want to see the document in a new tab open by flow, you can do that using RPA module but using custom actions in simple flows is not possible.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

Thanks for your reply. Here is a short video that shows what I want Power Automate to do. 

video 

Highlighted

@365-Assist  ok, shure you can do this using RPA module UIFlows + web App

UI.png

UI flows are very simple to use so just install everyting the tools need and then is easy like clic on record and do what you need to do. 

Hope you this can helps.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @365-Assist ,

If you would edit the document in the ui flow you could take a try with @ChristianAbata 's suggestion to use ui flow.

However, if you just want to open the document with Microsoft flow and for other user to edit, it is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,091)