cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
365-Assist
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Opening a Word Document in SharePoint for editing

I have created a Word Document in my SharePoint Document Library. Now all I want to do is have the flow open the document so the user can edit it. 

I have looked everywhere for an answer and can't seem to find one. What action in Power Automate do I use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@365-Assist  ok, shure you can do this using RPA module UIFlows + web App

UI.png

UI flows are very simple to use so just install everyting the tools need and then is easy like clic on record and do what you need to do. 

Hope you this can helps.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @365-Assist  open the document? what do you mean exactly, because If you want to see the document in a new tab open by flow, you can do that using RPA module but using custom actions in simple flows is not possible.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Thanks for your reply. Here is a short video that shows what I want Power Automate to do. 

video 

@365-Assist  ok, shure you can do this using RPA module UIFlows + web App

UI.png

UI flows are very simple to use so just install everyting the tools need and then is easy like clic on record and do what you need to do. 

Hope you this can helps.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @365-Assist ,

If you would edit the document in the ui flow you could take a try with @ChristianAbata 's suggestion to use ui flow.

However, if you just want to open the document with Microsoft flow and for other user to edit, it is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,071)