cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alanisp22
Helper II
Helper II

Optimizing Get Excel Records, Compare Unique Values Against Existing SharePoint List, Collecting Value ID if Value Found, and Creating New Record in Another SharePoint List

Hi!
What would be the best route to go if I want to get over 1,000 excel records (excel online), compare all the unique values from two specific columns to two different SharePoint lists, collect the ID number if those values found in the two SharePoint list, and then create all the records from the excel table under another SharePoint list, using the ID number found from the other lists, in under a minute? Right now, I have my flow setup to accomplish the desired outcome but it takes about 22 minutes for a little over a 1,000 records.

1 REPLY 1
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Without seeing your flow its hard to make suggestions on how to optimize it. However given that you are grabbing over 1000 records and then writing all of those values to Sharepoint I doubt that it will be possible to make it that much shorter. You could always try turning on parallelism, but thats only doable on certain actions in the flow.

https://powerofpowerplatform.com/degree-of-parallelism-in-power-automate/

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,484)