cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Option Set in MS Automate flow

I've found that, in creating a flow, an option set can't use the text but needs to use the value associated with it.

The flow:

Annotation 2020-03-16 133606.jpg

The field:

But now, when I use the field in sending an e-mail through flow, I see that value instead of the text contents.  I want to see "E-mail has been sent".   Is this not possible??

Annotation 2020-03-16 134048.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Use _fieldname_label will give your the text. See below my option set is called ajb_type

"ajb_type": 969430001,
"_ajb_type_label": "Test2"

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

@Anonymous - I would suggest you look into using the "Common Data Service (current environment)" [or "CDS (ce)"] connector as the "Dynamics 365" connector is deprecated. I noticed in your first screen shot the use of the "Dynamics 365" connector.

The "CDS (ce)" connector has many additional options that are available in the "Dynamics 365" connector. Also, keep in mind, you can you use the "CDS (ce)" connector when you create a flow from a solution.

Here is another thread to reference for some additional info: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/I-want-using-Option-Set-field-choose-label-value/td-p/162486

6 REPLIES 6
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Use _fieldname_label will give your the text. See below my option set is called ajb_type

"ajb_type": 969430001,
"_ajb_type_label": "Test2"

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

@Anonymous - I would suggest you look into using the "Common Data Service (current environment)" [or "CDS (ce)"] connector as the "Dynamics 365" connector is deprecated. I noticed in your first screen shot the use of the "Dynamics 365" connector.

The "CDS (ce)" connector has many additional options that are available in the "Dynamics 365" connector. Also, keep in mind, you can you use the "CDS (ce)" connector when you create a flow from a solution.

Here is another thread to reference for some additional info: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/I-want-using-Option-Set-field-choose-label-value/td-p/162486

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent!  Thank you very much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the CDS advice.  As this is my first flow, I'm glad to find out about the deprecation and make the change now, rather than later.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm switching from the Dynamics connectors to CDS, but it's not going well.  

I want to trigger this on create or update.  The options are "When a record is created" or "when a record is updated".   The Dynamics connector had an option "When a record is created or updated"... CDS has one or the other.  That's only the first of several questions.

My "update a record" fails, too.  I don't think it likes the "record identifier", which I chose from the list in dynamic content.   Is there a good tutorial or manual somewhere??

@Anonymous 

Common Data Service (current environment) connector has the "When a record is created, updated or deleted" trigger.

With the latest update of Common Data Service (current environment) connector, you can now query the formatted values of supported field types such as lookup display name, option set value label, formatted date/time by using the OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue property of the field in the expression.

https://linnzawwin.blogspot.com/2020/07/get-lookup-display-name-and-option-set.html

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,099)