cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandip87
Regular Visitor

Option set dynamic field mapping with Salesforce field

Hello, 

I'd like to map the option set fields of Dynamics custom entity with Salesforce's field. It doesn't allow me to chose the Salesforce field value dynamically while mapping. i.e. I can only put static value there. 

The Use Case: I'm creating a flow to update the custom entity record (with all updated filed values of that record) in MS Dynamics whenever Salesforce record is edited. The new values in Salesforce record for all field should be updated in relavent record in custom entity of MS dynamics. 

It would be great help if someone share his/her views here.  

Thanks in Advance 🙂

Sandip

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sandip87,

Would it be available for you to share a screenshot of the flow you have created?

If you would like to update an Dynamics 365 record when the corresponding salesforce record is modified, we could take a try with the flow below:

4.PNG

I just give an example here, for the Condition part, make sure you specify the data which could filter the Dynamics 365 record.

Reply back if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

Thank for your prompt reply. 

I understood the concept of creating a flow to update MS Dynamics record when Salesforce update record update is made. 

I've also created the same as you described. Please see below image. 

SF to MS flow.png

but the actual issue is as below for what I've posted this question. 

While mapping field value from Salesforce using 'Add dynamic content' box, if the MS Dynamics's filed is option set field, it doesn't list the Salesforce field in the dynamic content box. I've many option set field in MS Dynamics that needs to be mapped with dynamic value from Salesforce (i.e. with updated value of record from Salesforce field)

Please see below screenshots (one is for option set field and another is for text field) for clarification on the issue. Really appreciate your help. 

Update record region field.PNG

Update record operator field.PNG

Thanks,

Sandip

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,967)