Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMHants
Level: Powered On

Option to flow not appearing after searching

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could help.

I've created a flow that just does simple moves, a file to a document library etc.

My problem is that if a users searches for a file in a folder they can trigger the flow through the menu when the item is selected.

Is the any way i can trigger a flow when an file is selected. I can do it for a list but not a file.

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Option to flow not appearing after searching

Hello, @CMHants!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @Pieter_Veenstra‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

All Replies
Super User
Super User

You could make the library url a parameter in your flow and then let flow move all the documents in that library using the flow. How would you want to let the start he flow? You could probably even create a small powerapp ona page where the user can enter the url then start a flow that does the work.

CMHants
Level: Powered On

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I need to let users discriminate about which documents to share. I was thinking about adding a button to the document library to trigger the flow.

The PowerApp idea is a great thought.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @CMHants,

It sounds like you want a multiple select option for the manual start trigger in the SharePoint connector. At the moment Powerrapps might then be the only way.

I've created an idea for this:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Multiple-select-on-For-a-Selected-item-trigger/idi-p/...

Pleae upvote the idea if you would like this idea to be implemented

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @CMHants!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @Pieter_Veenstra‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

>