cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IDBdesign
Frequent Visitor

Optional Parameters in PowerApps Flow

Hello everyone,

I was wondering is it possible to have a flow that can accept a dynamic amount of parameters based off of a condition?

For example, let's say I have a couple SQL tables I want my PowerApp to be able to perform CRUD operations on and I need to create a flow to add data to the tables.  Table 1 is called Sales with columns Date, Discount, SaleTotal, and Table 2 is called Products with columns Category, SubCategory, Price, and Manufacturer..

I think it's rather unoptimized to have to create a new version of the same flow function for every table just because they have a different set of fields.  Is there a way to make it so a flow can accept an optional number of arguments so I can make a function that can either look like SubmitData('Sales', '2/24/19', '3.00', '24.50') or SubmitData('Products', 'Office', 'Desk', '119.99', 'OfficeEnsemble') depending on what the first argument is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IDBdesign ,

Great idea, it seems to reduce a lot of repetitive work.

Unfortunately, at present, an action in Flow can only operate on a specified table. I am afraid there is no way to achieve similar requirements for now.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IDBdesign ,

Unfortunately, at present, an action in Flow can only operate on a specified table. I am afraid there is no way to achieve similar requirements for now.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Gotcha.  Is there a specific ideas forum I can submit to like PowerApps has?

Thank you @v-bacao-msft 

@v-bacao-msft wrote:

Hi @IDBdesign ,

Best Regards, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,508)