Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeorgiGeorgiev
Helper II
Helper II

Oracle SELECT PK based on variable input

Hello,

We have a Solution that has a variable Value 2 Integer. This variable takes a specific number from an app (10 digit at most only Number). In the Flow for this app I need to take Variable 2 Integer and do 2 things with it:

1. Use it to request from the Oracle source DB the PK of table AOPKOPF (column called ID) and assign it to a new variable that will be used by the Flows next steps;

2. Same variable to request the PK from FAKTURA table (column IDFAKTURA) and assign it to another variable for the duration of the flow.

This is my current flow:

GeorgiGeorgiev_1-1661346429982.png

Before the GET ROW blocks I need to assign those PK variables and change the variable for Row id.

If you can be as specific as possible with the explanation plus how to make those new variables I would greatly appreciate it. Still quite new to powerapps and I can hardly say I don't know a lot.

What I tried: 

GeorgiGeorgiev_3-1661346941953.png

Unfortunately this is just empty guesswork and I have no idea how to assign the result to a new variable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GeorgiGeorgiev
Helper II
Helper II

Solution found: Writing for anyone experiencing the same problem.

Be extra careful which field you are trying to select and the requirements that Oracle has for selecting it. In my case I was missing the single quotations only. 

FAKTURA table fakturanr I can select with SELECT * FROM faktura WHERE fakturanr=111111

AOPKOPF table belegnummer I cannot select the same way. I needed to do SELECT * FROM aopkopf WHERE belegnummer='111111'

I had to change the logic a bit but here is the working solution (there are '' for the variable):

GeorgiGeorgiev_0-1661512957454.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GeorgiGeorgiev
Helper II
Helper II

Okay, I came across a 'solution' of some kind. But now I have another problem. Same setup for 1 flow does not work for the other. 

Here is the setup:

GeorgiGeorgiev_1-1661497198850.png

And here is the test result:

GeorgiGeorgiev_0-1661497121486.png

I get empty string back every time. What is really strange that the same setup works absolutely fine on another Flow.

Here is the correct Flow with the result:

GeorgiGeorgiev_3-1661497295189.png

GeorgiGeorgiev_2-1661497271225.png

Let me say I wrote the exact same view with columns, I created a new view entirely, I tried different users with different access rights in Oracle. Nothing works for the not-returning anything flow. Why? What might be missing here?

GeorgiGeorgiev
Helper II
Helper II

Solution found: Writing for anyone experiencing the same problem.

Be extra careful which field you are trying to select and the requirements that Oracle has for selecting it. In my case I was missing the single quotations only. 

FAKTURA table fakturanr I can select with SELECT * FROM faktura WHERE fakturanr=111111

AOPKOPF table belegnummer I cannot select the same way. I needed to do SELECT * FROM aopkopf WHERE belegnummer='111111'

I had to change the logic a bit but here is the working solution (there are '' for the variable):

GeorgiGeorgiev_0-1661512957454.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,020)