cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kelliprieto
Level: Powered On

Out Sick Flow: Create all day calendar event

I have a Microsoft Flow that (when run manually) sends a pre-populated e-mail to a team notifying the run user is out sick for the day.

The Flow also creates a calendar event blocking the user's calendar for the next 9 hours - see below. I really want this event to be an all day calendar event. I tried selecting "Yes" in the "Is All Day Event?" dropdown but the flow failed.

sick-calendar-event.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Out Sick Flow: Create all day calendar event

Hi

I have "Is all day" marked in "Office 365 Outlook Create event V2" action blocks, and it is working fine. I haven't tested "Create event", directly implemented "Create event v2"

I also set the timezone

Hope this helps

If anyone is trying to help you with an issue, the fastest way to say thanks is by kudoing. Be grateful, Thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

kelliprieto

Hi efialttes,

What did you enter for the start and end times? 

My team is in different timezones, so I am not sure how I would set the time zone. 

Thanks for your help!

Kelli

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Wow!

I am afraid I haven't this problem so far, I haven't implemented a multi time zone scenario.

Anyway, I guess if you create an event in your calendar, you should refer to your timezone. Outlook should be in charge of adapting the timezone to the destination settings if delivering invitations to the event

Hope this helps

If anyone is trying to help you with an issue, the fastest way to say thanks is by kudoing. Be grateful, Thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

kelliprieto

Hi efialttes, 

Do you mind sharing what exactly you entered in the Start and End Time fields? I tried selecting "All Day" and received an error saying the times must be set to midnight, so I must be using the wrong time format. 

Thanks!

Kelli

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi

With "Create Event v2" I did not have such problem

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

kelliprieto

Did you not enter any times in those fields? The time fields are required (at least for me). 

For reference, I am referring to the following fields:

sick-event.PNG

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi

A was meaning I didn't get errors due to time should be set to midnight

This is the expression I use in one of my flows for End Time:

addHours(outputs('Compose_json')['Deadline'],1)

CreateEventv2.png
I have another flow with the following config for Create Event v2
CreateEventv2_bis.png 
In this case I am getting Start Time from the TRigger "When an email arrives", so it is almost never midnight
Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

kelliprieto

Hi efialttes,

My requirements are a little different, but you did help me think of other ways to update the flow. I was able to figure it out. 

Below is my updated flow. 

out-sick-flow.PNG

Thanks for your help! 

I am hoping someone from Microsoft can explain the difference between the two versions of "Create Event". 🙂 

- Kelli

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Thanks for sharing your solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kelliprieto,

Could you please share a screesnshot of your flow’s configuration?
Further, could you please show a bit more about your error message?

I have reproduced the issue on my side, if you want to set the event to all day event, the Start time and End time for an all day event should be set to midnight.

If you want to set All Day Event for the event, please take a try to configure Start time and End time as below:15.JPG

If you don’t set Start time and End time to midnight for the All Day event, the All Day event property would conflict with Start time and End time.

Accoring to your scenario, I think you should not set “All Day Event?” field to Yes on your side.

More details about All Day Event, please check the following article:
Create All Day Event

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@v-xida-msft

As you can see on my previous answers, Create Event v2 action block + Is all day event is working fine for me without having to bother about inserting midnight hours in Start Time, End Time. I implemented such flows one month ago aprox. Does it mean MS Flow design team has added an extra validation to this action block recently?

Thank you in advance!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

kelliprieto

Kris,

Below is a screenshot of my original flow that was an "OK" solution. Ideally, I wanted the calendar event to be all day instead of a 9 hour block.

9hourblock.png

Below is an updated flow that is generating the all-day event as desired. The "All Day" field is set to "yes" in the flow below. I am not sure if this flow is structured correctly.

allday.png

What is the format for making start/end times set to midnight? I see the format in your flow screenshot, but it seems that is the output. I am looking to know how to set the times to midnight on the day the flow is run.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,302)