cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeorgiaLH

Outlook Calendar event from a Sharepoint List item

Hi, this is my first time posting in here - I'm having a bit of trouble finding some advice. I've only built Flows from templates and some really (really!) basic ones before with Forms.

I'd like to build a Flow which took a date in a Sharepoint list column and created an event in the Outlook calendar on that date. In creating this event, I want to turn on a reminder for 1-2 months before the actual date of the event created.

It's for a list of expiring items/documents - I want the reminder so that I receive a notification with plenty of time to attend to item. If that makes sense.

I've been looking at templates and just not sure what to use - and am not having a lot of luck trying to build one myself. I'd really appreciate a little advice. Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GeorgiaLH,

Could you please share more details about the Sharepoint list?

Could you please explain more details about your requirement?

How to understand the "turn on a reminder for 1-2 months before the actual date of the event created" that you mentioned?

I have made a test on my side to create a list with a Start date field and a due date field.

If you want to create a event based the time in a list, you could create a flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Note:

The expression in the Start time field as below:

formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['Start_x0020_date'],'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss')

The expression in the End time field as below:

formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['due_x0020_date'],'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss')

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GeorgiaLH,

Could you please share more details about the Sharepoint list?

Could you please explain more details about your requirement?

How to understand the "turn on a reminder for 1-2 months before the actual date of the event created" that you mentioned?

I have made a test on my side to create a list with a Start date field and a due date field.

If you want to create a event based the time in a list, you could create a flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Note:

The expression in the Start time field as below:

formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['Start_x0020_date'],'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss')

The expression in the End time field as below:

formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['due_x0020_date'],'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss')

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (50,470)