cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaunW
Level: Power Up

Outlook Conversation ID Not Found in Excel365 table. Outlook365 Has "Thread-Index", I Need "Conversation ID"?

Hi,

(mentioning a few people that have helped out on similar topics: @v-litu-msft @v-xida-msft @BradGroux @v-yamao-msft@GabrielStJohn)

I am trying to build a flow that satisfies the following logic / steps:

1) Send email based on Excel 365 Table

- Get email address

- Send email

- Save Conversation ID from sent email to column (called OriginalConversationID) in same Excel 365 Table

2) When someone replies to email

- Get Conversation ID from incoming (the reply) email

- Update a Column called "complete" IF "ConversationID" of reply email = OriginalConversationID (from Flow 1).

The issue that I'm having is a "Not Found" Issue -- Flow can't find a match for the OriginalConversaionID.

The date in the OriginalConversationID looks like: AAQkADQ2MDNkOTgwLTEwYmUtNDJlMS05MjAzLTFiNDhiM2I4ZDg3NQAQABnlr8kpHPpGnMJPm8jlzz8=

When I manually view the email headers / details, I don't see a Conversation ID at all! I see a header called Thread-Index which looks much shorter (and has symbols): AQHVz+KBloOg6aIRPUW+6KaCsc7iRA==

How do I reconcile the two?

Please help. Thank you so much in advance.

Shaun

[Also have similar issue with MessageID -- when manually viewed, the format is "545D99A4-55C4-4F18-8C06-ADA0FCA73F09@pment.com"]

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Outlook Conversation ID Not Found in Excel365 table. Outlook365 Has "Thread-Index", I Need "Conversation ID"?

Hi @ShaunW 

The send an email action does not provide with the message ID in the outputs of the action. One way you can do is, create another flow and select the trigger "When a new email arrives" now change the folder to the sent email box and provide filters to check that you only trigger the flow that has the required subject or the required person email etc. Now you can get the message ID and you can update the excel row with it (you will again have to identify the key column in the excel row to match with an identifier in the new flow)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

ShaunW
Level: Power Up

Re: Outlook Conversation ID Not Found in Excel365 table. Outlook365 Has "Thread-Index", I Need "Conversation ID"?

Hi @yashag2255, thank you for your taking the time to help.

I have always been able to run a query in sent email and get the MessageID and ConversationID. This works without a problem.

The problem that I am having is the ConversationID DOES NOT match the header of the actual Outlook365 email.

The string returned for ConversationID field looks like: AAQkADQ2MDNkOTgwLTEwYmUtNDJlMS05MjAzLTFiNDhiM2I4ZDg3NQAQABnlr8kpHPpGnMJPm8jlzz8=

When I manually view the email headers / details, I don't see a Conversation ID at all! I see a header called Thread-Index with a string that looks much shorter (and has symbols): AQHVz+KBloOg6aIRPUW+6KaCsc7iRA==

These two do not match; therefor, I get an error in my flow saying "not found".

How do I reconcile the two?

[Also have similar issue with MessageID -- when manually viewed, the format is "545D99A4-55C4-4F18-8C06-ADA0FCA73F09@pment.com"]

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,849)