cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogcmstech
Level: Powered On

Outlook Email and SharePoint

Hi all,

Super new to Microsoft Flow and have some questions. I have attached a picture of my current flow for reference. 

2019-07-04 16_29_46-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow - Internet Explorer.png

I have created a flow that is triggered on new emails received by an Outlook account. It looks to see if the attachments within the email are greater than 1, in which case it does nothing (hence nothing under yes). If the attachment is exactly 1, it will take that attachment and add it to a SharePoint document library.

Now, I am trying to do the following:

1. I want Flow to be able to read the Subject of the email mentioned above and compare that string to a column within a SharePoint list (kind of like a lookup).
  2. If there is a match between the Subject string and value in the column of the SharePoint list, I want to be able to write that value back to a column in the SharePoint Document library that I am adding the attachment to.
  3. If there isn't a match, the flow would just carry along with the next step.

How do I go about doing this? I have tried to do the following, but got stuck and didn't know how to continue. Filter Query works and brings back a result, but how can I use that result in subsequent steps?

2019-07-04 16_33_08-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow - Internet Explorer.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Outlook Email and SharePoint

Hi @ogcmstech ,

If Commitment has a unique value in SharePoint list, you could refer to the following method to configure Flow.

Configure Get items action directly under Create file to get the expected item in the specified list.

Then use Item Id generated by Create file action in Update file properties action to specify the file. And use the data obtained from Get items to update the file properties.

Image reference:

38.PNG39.PNG40.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
tfhegdbn
Level: Powered On

Hi @ogcmstech ,

You could get the field value of the matching item in the list above Condition and store it in the variable.

Then in Create file action, configure Update file properties action, and use ID of Create file action to update the corresponding Library column.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ogcmstech ,

If Commitment has a unique value in SharePoint list, you could refer to the following method to configure Flow.

Configure Get items action directly under Create file to get the expected item in the specified list.

Then use Item Id generated by Create file action in Update file properties action to specify the file. And use the data obtained from Get items to update the file properties.

Image reference:

38.PNG39.PNG40.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 197 members 4,306 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: