cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Powerhouse
Helper I
Helper I

Outlook Event Calendar Flow

Hi everyone! I am still quite new to developing flows, and would appreciate any help on this simple issue I am facing.

I have designed a flow on my account that recieves events and automatically forwards them to a group of people. This is working perfectly fine. The issue arises when the organizer who sends me the event UPDATES/CANCELS the meeting, this is not replicated to those users I have forwarded the meeting to. How do I go about adding this functionality? I can't figure out a condition to satisfy when an event is updated, update the event for those I forwarded the meeting to.

I have this as my flow, but the condition last modifed time is equal to created time is not working:

Powerhouse_0-1630357801277.png

The original flow I created was very simple and just said, when an event is created in my calendar, create an event and forward the exact same meeting details to the users I need to forward it to.

In summary, could anyone help me figure out how to add the functionality if the event is updated/cancelled, update the users I forwarded the meeting to. Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
happyume
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can solve this use-case in three stages

Stage1

1.1 Create a SharePoint List with two columns: One for storing original event ID, and other for storing duplicate event ID

Stage 2

2.1 Create a Automated cloud Flow with trigger: When an event is created

2.2 Under trigger condition, only run when you are NOT the organizer - this is important to avoid infinite loop

2.3 Add an action to Create Event, send it out to the desired list of people

2.4 Add an action to Create Row in SharePoint, and add event ID from trigger (original event) and event ID from create event (duplicate event)

Stage 3

3.1 Create an automated Flow when an event is added, updated, or cancelled

3.2 Under trigger condition, only run when you are NOT the organizer - this is important to avoid infinite loop

3.3 Under trigger condition, only run when action type is updated or deleted

3.4 Add a Get Items action from SharePoint and using event ID from trigger, fetch the duplicate event ID from your SharePoint List using Filter Query

3.5 Add a switch control and add cases for updated and deleted

3.5.1 Under updated branch, add action to update your duplicate event - remember to use required attendees same as step 2.3; remaining properties you copy from original event in the trigger

3.5.2 Under deleted branch, add action to delete your duplicate event

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If this post or my previous reply was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
happyume
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Each time you create the duplicate event from mailbox of A - you need to store somewhere (Excel or SharePoint List) a relationship between original event ID and duplicate event ID.

Now, whenever an event is modified, you get its ID and then find corresponding duplicate event ID.

Finally, update event using duplicate event ID.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If this post or my previous reply was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

This is what I have heard. I have sunk many hours attempting to do this without sharepoint and it is not working for me. Could you help point me in the right direction sir?

happyume
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can solve this use-case in three stages

Stage1

1.1 Create a SharePoint List with two columns: One for storing original event ID, and other for storing duplicate event ID

Stage 2

2.1 Create a Automated cloud Flow with trigger: When an event is created

2.2 Under trigger condition, only run when you are NOT the organizer - this is important to avoid infinite loop

2.3 Add an action to Create Event, send it out to the desired list of people

2.4 Add an action to Create Row in SharePoint, and add event ID from trigger (original event) and event ID from create event (duplicate event)

Stage 3

3.1 Create an automated Flow when an event is added, updated, or cancelled

3.2 Under trigger condition, only run when you are NOT the organizer - this is important to avoid infinite loop

3.3 Under trigger condition, only run when action type is updated or deleted

3.4 Add a Get Items action from SharePoint and using event ID from trigger, fetch the duplicate event ID from your SharePoint List using Filter Query

3.5 Add a switch control and add cases for updated and deleted

3.5.1 Under updated branch, add action to update your duplicate event - remember to use required attendees same as step 2.3; remaining properties you copy from original event in the trigger

3.5.2 Under deleted branch, add action to delete your duplicate event

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,149)