cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stalerik
Level: Powered On

Outlook - Save email as draft?

I have build a flow that collects files as attachments and now I want to create a draft email with these attachments so the email can be reviewed before sending to the final recipient list.  I have build the flow all the way to the point where I want to save the email as a draft but I don't find any options to do this.  I can only send the email, not save it.  How do I create the draft email to be sent later?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Outlook - Save email as draft?

Hi @Stalerik ,

As @abm  suggested, there is no direct way could be used to save email as draft.

If you want to create a draft email with attachments, please consider using action Send email with options. As approval actions are not able to add attachments.

1.PNG

By the way, it is not possible to edit the content of the email before approval, once a request has been sent to approver’s email box, it cannot be modified anymore.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @Stalerik ,

I don't think draft email is possible.

You could achieve this by using the send approval email flow step.

Use the send approval email flow step. Send the email for approval. Once the email is approved sent the email to final recipient list.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Stalerik
Level: Powered On

Hello @abm !

Thank you for the quick reply.  I saw that Microsoft Flow has a built-in template for "Send approval email and follow up via email".  I will try this workflow to see how it works.  Is it possible to edit the content of the email before approval?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Stalerik ,

As @abm  suggested, there is no direct way could be used to save email as draft.

If you want to create a draft email with attachments, please consider using action Send email with options. As approval actions are not able to add attachments.

1.PNG

By the way, it is not possible to edit the content of the email before approval, once a request has been sent to approver’s email box, it cannot be modified anymore.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 159 members 5,370 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: