cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mashimaro
Level: Power Up

Outlook action on 'new email' is ignoring the folder designated to watch

Hello folks.  I've just started using Flow but I seem to have an issue... I've run various tests and I noticed that if I'm running a series of actions based on what email comes in as 'new', Flow keeps feeding an email from my inbox instead of the designated folder I want it to watch... and therefore the rest of my actions fail because the values they are supposed to look and parse do not exist in those email.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this... this is a screenshot of my flow

4-15-2018 9-18-44 PM.png

I have a rule in Outlook that moves emails into a folder named eBay but the flow is ignoring the folder.  I've tried changing the trigger to 'emails being tagged' and manually tagged a few in that folder and the flow ran fine, so it definitely seem to be an issue with the fact that it's just ignoring the designated folder and pulling directly from the inbox.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Outlook action on 'new email' is ignoring the folder designated to watch

Hi @ Mashimaro,

Do you mean the "When a new email arrives" trigger is ignoring the folder designated to watch?

I have made a test on my side,and don't have the issue thay you mentioned.

I have created a inbox rule to move new email to folder "eBay" as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

I have created a flow as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

When a new email arrives, the email would be moved to the folder "eBay", and the flow would be triggered and run successfully as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Please make sure you have created the inbox rule correctly and you have choose the folder "eBay" in the "Folder" field of "When a new email arrives" trigger, In addition please wait for some minutes to check if the flow if triggered.

Please let me know if you issue still exists.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

>