Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BernadetteN
Regular Visitor

Outlook task to Planner task and back when completed

Dear Power Automate experts,

I would appreciate help for my flow:

In short: I have a working flow that creats a MS Planner task out of my Outlook tasks. What I need, is to change the Outlook task as completed once the checkbox „complete“ is checked in MS Planner.

In longer version:

We use Dynamics 365 and add tasks (like planned phonecalls or e-mails) to contacts. Doing so – our system automatically creates an Outlook task out of this Dynamics 365 task. Which is great.

Now – we use „Tasks in Planner and ToDo“ in MS Teams for our daily work and project management and need our ToDos in our Planner buckets. Therefore I have created a so far working flow, that creats a new task out of each news task in MS Outlook.

BUT – being a very beginner in these things, I can’t find a solution for the next step:

Say – the Task is in our  Planner bucket for some days, we have finally done the work and check the box – Task complete.

Ideally we now get a flow that tells MS Outlook, that the task – we created with the first flow – is now complete. Changes the MS Outlook Task to complete. And with that Outlook automatically reports to Dynamics CRM and sets the task ther to complete as well (which already works).

Many words for:

• I don’t know how to tell Outlook which Task is the right one to mark as complete.
  • to complete it once the task is really done - not before (not on Due Date for example)

Thats what I’ve done so far (sorry, titles didn’t change to English, I tried – so translations are next to them)

BernadetteN_18-1652886578606.png

BernadetteN_20-1652886626581.png

If you could help me or refer to another solution I haven’t found online… thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Bernadette

Very new and enthusiastic Power Automates user from Austria, Europe

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,971)