cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jo85
Level: Powered On

Outlook tasks notification with Flows

Hi all,

I'm trying to work in Flow to use the tasks of Outlook better in the team. Each team member should receive an email in the morning with existing series tasks. If a task is taken over by a team member, a message should also be sent to inform about the status. The e-mail in the morning works so far. But I did not understand how I can monitor the existing tasks and communicate the changed status. The "When a task is completed" trigger does not work for all tasks together.

For me, serial tasks, notification of open tasks to all, and notification of completing a task are important. Can someone help me solve my problem?

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4
jo85

Re: Outlook tasks notification with Flows

Hello again,

I have detected an error in my project email notifications about upcoming tasks. When I use the flow "List all Tasks" and then send e-mails, not only current but all ever created tasks are sent. How can I just send it to those who are coming today?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jo85,

Do you want to get Tasks that will start on Today?
Do you want to send emails to assignees every morning to inform about the status?
Please take the following flow for a reference.
For testing, it is triggered by a Button, you may change it to recurrence.
Then List all tasks in the Outlook Tasks.
Add a Condition to get all the items that will start on Today with the following code:

@equals(formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['StartDateTime']?['DateTime'], 'yyyy-MM-dd'), formatDateTime(utcnow(), 'yyyy-MM-dd'))

Under If yes branch, add the action Send an email to “Assigned To” with the details info about Start date, Status, etc.

1.PNG
However, I am afraid that it is not possible to send out the email whenever a task is completed. Currently, we can only monitor a specific task but not all tasks. I would suggest submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum about this issue:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jo85

Thank you for your extensive answer.

Probably we will try it as a team and set up a shared mailbox for the tasks. Yesterday, as an alternative, I had the following idea: a flow that creates a task and an e-mail to the team on schedule. My boss had the idea that he simply copied and renamed the flow for a new task. He then just wants to change the corresponding date and the name of the flow. Is it possible to output the name of the flow as the subject line of an e-mail? I tried Dynamic Content and Variables but did not find a solution. I would like to introduce both options next week.

Thanks again.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jo85,

Do you want to get the name of the flow then use it as the subject of the email?

I am afraid that it is not possible to get the name of the flow currently, please consider submit as a new idea as well.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,653)