cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Maha1
Level: Power Up

Outlook to Google Calendar broke

I had for a few months been using quite successfully a Flow to link my Outlook to my Google Calendar. The flow was designed ONLY to push all events and data from Outlook calendar to Google calendar but not in the opposite direction. (My Outlook calendar is visible to my colleagues and I do not want them to see all my personal appointments, but do need to be able to see my work appointments on my personal calendar to avoid clashes). The flow was designed to not only update Google Calendar when there were new Outlook events, but also to update if the Outlook events moved time or place and to run at a regular interval so that my Google calendar always contained the most up to date Outlook data. For some reason, last week, this flow abruptly broke, and I got an email from Flow asking me to check into it. The record showed that it was failing not on the Outlook side but at the final stage where the upload to Google calendar should be taking place. But while trying to edit this flow, I accidentally deleted it 😞 And I have not been able to find in the existing templates whatever it was I was using before to recreate it, as there seem to be flows for creating new events and flows for updating existing events, but not a script that does both for a complete sync. Has there been some major change I am unaware of? There do seem to be templates that run this in the opposite direction, from Google to Outlook, but this doesn't help me. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Outlook to Google Calendar broke

Hi @Maha1 ,

Please refer to this blog for the .zip file that provides Sync_events_Office_365_Calendar_to_Google Flow template.

tip-sync-calendar-events-from-office-365-to-google-with-microsoft-flow 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Maha1 ,

Please refer to this blog for the .zip file that provides Sync_events_Office_365_Calendar_to_Google Flow template.

tip-sync-calendar-events-from-office-365-to-google-with-microsoft-flow 

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Maha1
Level: Power Up

Thanks Barry! This looks like it was exactly the Flow I had which stopped working. I will try to use the zip file to bring it back. Do you know how exactly I import a flow from a file? I am not very technologically savvy...

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Maha1 ,

Please check this:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/import-export-bap-packages/

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 116 members 5,294 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: