cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Output Information from "Append to array variable" in wrong format

Hello guys,

i am new to flow building and not really expereinced with variables, array, JSON, etc. Therefore i need your help with something.

So my flow is following:

1. I take information from excel sheet (email, order, role) for all signers assigned to certain department.

2. I initialize an array and get some output as you see in the picture no.1. I get part of code which i want to later put into "Create an agreement ...." step from adobe sign in form of text code (JSON?) for each signer (i have 8 signers in this case) - example how it should look like at the end with all signer info is in the picture no. 3.

3. However, the output from "Append to variable" (my signersInformation from picture no.1) is not in JSON format as i need it - you can see it in the picture no.2 (with this i get an error message "An invalid JSON was specified"). I need it the way as it is shown in the picture no.3.

Is there any way to convert the information to correct JSON so my "Create an agreement..." step would go through?

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Rejdy  please use the expression Json expression to convert it... like json("HERE YOUR CODE")

see this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6QQrlPjp4Y

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hello @ChristianAbata ,

thanks for your reply!

I have tried this expression: json(string(variables('signersInformation'))), but it does not work. I still get the same output as from "Append to array variable" step (see pic1).

pic1.JPG.

I guess i understand your video, the thing is my number of signers is always different so i do not know how to properly set the "Initialize variable" step. I do not know how to proceed with this at all.

@Rejdy  please try to follow this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6QQrlPjp4Y

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (20,333)