cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonia3
Frequent Visitor

Outputs from 'Appending string to variable' in approvals flow not showing up in the resulting approval message in teams or outlook

Hi,

I am currently building a flow that gets filtered items from a sharepoint list and appends the values of the items in one of the columns to add to an approval. The start of the flow looks like this:

Capture25.JPG

And then a start and wait for an approval action is added as below with the string variable added in the details section.

Capture26.png

Capture27.JPG

I can save and run the flow successfully however when I receive the resulting notification nothing shows up in space where the variable string should show, as below.

Capture 28.JPG

I seem to be going in circles trying to resolve it, any ideas?

Thanks in advance!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for responding @PrasadAthalye 

I ended up using a Parse JSON action instead and it seems to have worked - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohSyBtu-QYY

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Can you add compose just before sending email and use Terminate flow connector, use variable as an expression  and execute? Then check what is the value of the variable being displayed within compose?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Thanks for responding @PrasadAthalye 

I ended up using a Parse JSON action instead and it seems to have worked - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohSyBtu-QYY

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (20,804)