Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Overtime Entries Multiple Users Flow

Hi

Many thanks for submitting this flow. I'm trying to replicate but having issues with the Get Items 2 and the filter query. I'm not sure what it should be filtering

"The expression \"Work Email Address eq 'testt@domain.org'\" is not valid.\r\nclientRequestId: bbe5ce99-86ac-45c1-9227-9d4babea1718\r\nserviceRequestId: bbe5ce99-86ac-45c1-9227-9d4babea1718"

Any help appreciated
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Have you got an image of the filter query you're running?

I think Work Email Address should be the actual column name, you can find the actual column by going to your SharePoint List > List Settings (top right cog) > then at the bottom left you have a list of each column, click on the column you need and check the URL. Copy everything at the end after &Field=

Hopefully this helps

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Have you got an image of the filter query you're running?

I think Work Email Address should be the actual column name, you can find the actual column by going to your SharePoint List > List Settings (top right cog) > then at the bottom left you have a list of each column, click on the column you need and check the URL. Copy everything at the end after &Field=

Hopefully this helps

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Amazing. Got that working.

The final bit I'd like to do is get the data from the last month.

On the get items section I tried the following filter query

Work_x0020_Email_x0020_Address eq '@{items('Apply_to_each')?['Work_x0020_Email_x0020_Address']}' AND Date_x0020_Worked '@{startOfMonth(getPastTime(1,'MONTH'))}

query.JPG

The filter worked before adding the AND in, and the actual column name for Date_x0020_Worked is correct.

Thanks again

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I may be wrong but you might be best adding in a nested apply to each loop with the date filter?

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I've created an apply to each and put another filter query in but get the following:

{
"status": 400,
"message": "The expression \"Date_x0020_Worked ge '2020-01-01T00:00:00.0000000Z' and Date_x0020_Worked Lt '2020-02-01T00:00:00.0000000Z'\" is not valid.\r\nclientRequestId: 84aa43ac-5f9c-46f2-be88-686d228b0512\r\nserviceRequestId: 84aa43ac-5f9c-46f2-be88-686d228b0512"
}

With expressions as:
startOfMonth(getPastTime(1,'MONTH'))

and
startOfMonth(utcNow())

Thanks
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Wonder why you're getting all them zeros in 2020-01-01T00:00:00.0000000Z, should be 2020-01-01T00:00:00Z

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Not sure. It's formatted as a data in the list

column.JPG

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

OK, we're passing on the idea of pulling the month through.

However, what I would like to implement now, is rather than having the "send an email", it is an approval.

I tried this via "Start and wait for an approval" however, it was waiting for each one to be approved before moving onto the next.

I tried "Start an approval" but as it's not waiting to move onto the condition, the approval is always rejected.

Any idea where I can add the approval?

Also, does an approval action use HTML like "send an email" does as it comes through as code

html.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,504)