cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Owners in Team Flows and connection

Hello Hive Mind,

I have a colleague that has set up their first flow, then wanted to add a second person as the owner to collaborate with. This flow has a step that emails to people using their email address. A warning did come up explaining the following for Outlook.

Owners of this connection can:

Read your User Profile

Read, Update, and delete your mails

Send Mail as signed in user

Create, Read, Update and delete events

Create, Read, Update and delete contacts

IF this colleague grants ownership to this flow to the second person. Will that second person now have access to their Outlook contacts, emails, calendar events, outside of the Power Automate program and be able to modify the contacts inside the colleagues outlook?

Or is it as I am thinking it is, just access to the connection so that modifications can be made within the Power Automate Program only?

specifically the underlined is what my colleague is worried about.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Owners in Team Flows and connection

Hello,

Please take a look at this post and let me know if it helps:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Sharing-my-Microsoft-Flow-flow-asks-for-f...

Highlighted

Re: Owners in Team Flows and connection

Thanks for the response, this is a great resource. Not sure if it answers my question.

We are looking at "co-ownership" for the flow power automate. My question is more around where does granting these permissions influence. Is the "full access" only when we are in Power Automate, to allow us to edit? Or is that "full access" granted outside of Power Automate, so I will have full access to everything that person has access to outside the Power Automate program.

Let me know if that clarifies. @RossB 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,189)