cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_00
Frequent Visitor

PDF format issue -onedrive pdf converter

Hi All,

I have a requirement to convert excel file(having 20 columns) into PDF. I used onedrive pdf converter. The out put from PDF converter is not as expected. The output file is not fitting inside the pdf page(seemslike pdf page size like A4 and it fits only few columns). I need to show all fields in PDF file. What should i do?

If not possible, is there any alternative  method to convert excel output to pdf?

Thanks,

Basil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jay,

Yes, you are right. Encodian is working as expected. I hope i will get 50 actions every month.

Thanks,

Paul

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Paul_00 

The convert to PDF action converts with the A4 fixed format only. One way you can do this is construct HTML with the excel output and then create a temporary html file and then convert that to PDF. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Paul_00 

I'd suggest trying one of the third party converters which provide far greater support than the native OneDrive connector.

Encodian: https://support.encodian.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360011123574-Convert-to-PDF

Encodian provide a 'Free' sku for upto 50 operations per month

Example output (with manual redactions)

1.png

HTH

Jay

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Paul_00,

I am afraid that there is no action to achieve your requirements in OneDrive connector currently.

There is an idea about to set the size of the PDF, you could head to vote it to make it possible in the future:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Paper-size-parameter-on-OneDrive-s-Create-f...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply.

I have already tried this but failed while 'Page fit issue'. Its not converting into 'landscape' view.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Do you mean you have tried the Encodian connector? or something else?

The Encodian connector will not change the current orientation of the document, for Excel documents it simply sizes the PDF output in relation to the width of the worksheet.

HTH

Jay

Hi Jay,

Yes, you are right. Encodian is working as expected. I hope i will get 50 actions every month.

Thanks,

Paul

View solution in original post

vanderben
Helper I
Helper I

One other one you might want to try is the Adobe PDF Tools, as it offers that functionality and very reliable. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,562)