cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VeeLearnMSFT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

PVA Return Sharepoint Files unable to Return Items

A little frustrated, trying to get this flow working all day.  I was trying to use @renatromano flow so I could replicate but but cannot get anything to return.  I am trying to crate a PVA bot that would return a list of files based off of search input.  So I would ask the bot to look for files inside of sharepiont. I would enter a text search, which could be a partial of the file OR Contains.  And then the bot would reutrn a list of files and their corresponding folder if possible.  Can someone kindly look at my flow to see where I am going wrong.  12 hours of work and still not results. Please help! 

VeeLearnMSFT_0-1651453584108.png

VeeLearnMSFT_1-1651453662347.png

Nothing is returing back.  I spent all day trying to get this to work. Im not ready to throw in the towel as I know I am way too new at this. I am stuck and I cannot get a search to work to return files.

VeeLearnMSFT_2-1651453884140.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

WELP - I've just learned something from you, and also from a past @Pstork1 post.

Just built my first bot, and, figured out the issue here!

When passing links back to the PVA, you want to use the format of [TITLE](link). 

Check this out:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support#links

My string looked like this:

Rhiassuring_3-1651634894013.png

And here's the output:

Rhiassuring_2-1651634874448.png

Uh oh, these bots are fun...

...oh and $1280 a month apparently. ..WELP.

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

View solution in original post

Hi @VeeLearnMSFT 

I appreciate you tracking me down on Reddit regarding my video https://youtu.be/mfKa4i9yYtY on a DHL ChatBot.  I think you are almost there to be honest.  Rather than using title for the markdown, use Name i.e. filename and that will sort the empty [] I see in your screenshot.  Regarding the 3000 error, I am unsure but having just built this entirely from scratch in 5 mins, this works OK for me.

Here is an example of a working flow:

DamoBird365_0-1651682617666.png

This is what the PVA map looks like:

DamoBird365_1-1651682661539.png

And an example conversation:

DamoBird365_2-1651682691854.png

The only other thing I cannot see from your screenshot is the final message back to the user?  I actually removed that step as a test, so all the PVA does is run the flow and doesn't return a message and mine still runs OK, albeit it doesn't respond.  So I am wondering at what point your PVA fails and returns the error?  You should be able to play it back in the test bot and see where the process fails and possibly share the final part of the PVA map?

Damien

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Can we please see the inside of your Append to String Variable? 

Your error says there is an issue with that action.

Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I see the data coming in to the Filter Array but it does not show any output. It just seems to stop there.

VeeLearnMSFT_2-1651488041857.png

VeeLearnMSFT_3-1651488347820.png

VeeLearnMSFT_4-1651488439338.png

I changed the flow slightly.  I got rid of the filter array and filtering right using the filter query:  

VeeLearnMSFT_0-1651580635926.png

VeeLearnMSFT_1-1651580671707.png

It came back with 10 records:

VeeLearnMSFT_2-1651580704397.png

Now the flow is returning values all the way to the agent but the agent is not returning anythign in the chat window. I dont understand why, is it the type of data that is not in the format it requires?

VeeLearnMSFT_0-1651580942679.png

Here is my error from the bot:

VeeLearnMSFT_1-1651580973817.png

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

In your last screenshot, it looks like you are appending the variable "Link" to itself, without any content in it..?

what is the proper way to do it...Do i need to put the Name instead of link?  Can you show me a screenshot of what it should look like?  Sorry I am just too knew and I am not quite sure how to fix it.

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

It's okay, Vee, we'll get there.

So right now, you are filling a blank variable (Link) with itself - which is blank. So ... blank!

Instead, try this: 

Rhiassuring_2-1651612253336.png

Where I have txtTable, you'll have your Link variable - where I have "Link to Item", you'll select the Dynamic Content from your Get Files output, and you should have the same thing to select, "Link to Item". Now, we're storing that link in the variable - and since it's an APPEND to string variable, it's going to put it right alongside whatever other values we add. 

Note I have a "; " after - a semi-colon, and a space - because the Append to String Variable action will literally put them sidebyside unless we tell it not to! 

Also, a tip: I recommend (and this is a personal thing, of course, I am sure we will have plenty of folks  here disagree) naming variables with a prefix. This helps more easily identify their purpose, so you won't see "Link" and wonder what kind of variable it is.  Examples: intSharePointID, txtNameOfDoc, arrDepartments...  (some people prefer str over txt, which I get - txt is a habit for me.) 

I am still missing something. I apologize if am a severe bother 😞

This is part of my flow revised:

VeeLearnMSFT_2-1651614597725.png

VeeLearnMSFT_1-1651614576147.png

Here is what it returned: I see the 10 items coming in...but see further below.

VeeLearnMSFT_5-1651615026448.png

VeeLearnMSFT_3-1651614882804.png

VeeLearnMSFT_4-1651614893257.png

Am I getting close?

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Errrr.. hard to tell. I don't know what "Kada" is, at all... 

And, for 'txtTable' - that will still be your variable called Link, you don't need to rename it to what I've used 😛 

Let me give a test on my side, and I'll report back in a sec.... I've never used a chat bot before.

VeeLearnMSFT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

I know but I wanted to impress you 😞 so I am passing a text string through the bot which is the name of the file.  The file contains Kadaj in side of it.  It is pulling all instances matching Kadaj string.  But what I dont get is why is it bunching kadaj and the link to the file right next to each other.  I just thought  it was weird and perhaps this is why it stopped.  I mean I see the links being outputed in the body of the return to virtual agent box.  I just dont know why its not returning anything.  

VeeLearnMSFT_0-1651622342120.png

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

WELP - I've just learned something from you, and also from a past @Pstork1 post.

Just built my first bot, and, figured out the issue here!

When passing links back to the PVA, you want to use the format of [TITLE](link). 

Check this out:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support#links

My string looked like this:

Rhiassuring_3-1651634894013.png

And here's the output:

Rhiassuring_2-1651634874448.png

Uh oh, these bots are fun...

...oh and $1280 a month apparently. ..WELP.

VeeLearnMSFT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

I dont know what else to do. Im at a loss, I have been at it for days and you have been so gracious taking your time to help me but nothing seems to work.  I still get the same error.  

VeeLearnMSFT_1-1651662134722.png

VeeLearnMSFT_2-1651662146831.png

VeeLearnMSFT_4-1651662311436.png

VeeLearnMSFT_5-1651662365878.png

Output from audit:

VeeLearnMSFT_3-1651662249967.png

This is how it is coming to the Return value(s) to Power Virtual Agent:

VeeLearnMSFT_0-1651662106157.png

VeeLearnMSFT_7-1651662485396.png

Chat Bot:

1st screenshot:

VeeLearnMSFT_8-1651662526796.png

VeeLearnMSFT_9-1651662537587.png

This is the sharepoint site.

VeeLearnMSFT_10-1651662840082.png

Hi @VeeLearnMSFT 

I appreciate you tracking me down on Reddit regarding my video https://youtu.be/mfKa4i9yYtY on a DHL ChatBot.  I think you are almost there to be honest.  Rather than using title for the markdown, use Name i.e. filename and that will sort the empty [] I see in your screenshot.  Regarding the 3000 error, I am unsure but having just built this entirely from scratch in 5 mins, this works OK for me.

Here is an example of a working flow:

DamoBird365_0-1651682617666.png

This is what the PVA map looks like:

DamoBird365_1-1651682661539.png

And an example conversation:

DamoBird365_2-1651682691854.png

The only other thing I cannot see from your screenshot is the final message back to the user?  I actually removed that step as a test, so all the PVA does is run the flow and doesn't return a message and mine still runs OK, albeit it doesn't respond.  So I am wondering at what point your PVA fails and returns the error?  You should be able to play it back in the test bot and see where the process fails and possibly share the final part of the PVA map?

Damien

Hi @VeeLearnMSFT 

Did you crack it?

Damien

VeeLearnMSFT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

First of all a big thank you @Rhiassuring and @DamoBird365.  You guys do not know how happy I am. I know it doesnt take much right?  You guys didnt give up on my issue and you have been so gracious with your time.  I honestly appreciate you guys so much and I wish I could clone you.  I have been struggling days at this and finally we got it to work all thanks to you guys.

After reading everything you guys have said again it convinced me to start over.  I deletd the bot, I deleted the flows, I put on a new face and wouldnt you know it....IT WORKS NOW. I have no idea why it was giving me so many errors.  I have no idea what changed but by starting over it did something.  I did however add the closing loop on the end of the bot trigger flow.  I added an eding message box and put in the closing output variable.  Perhaps this was one of those things that added to it.  Doing this for the very first time certainly helped me learn alot from you guys.

if I may one last question, You can see that the bot out puts some data but its a bit messy:  Can I force it to give the out put in a cleaner format.  Maybe like the subfolder and the file name.  So in this case it would be [2022 CY2022 Compensation - 2022 BenchmarksBencharks] the name but the link being only the folder name it is in, and I mean the subfolder because the root folder would be like the Year 

So in this case would be just: 

VeeLearnMSFT_2-1651691290696.png

and then the file name.  

Or maybe even add some bullet points?  Not sure what are the format options to put put so its easier to read.

VeeLearnMSFT_0-1651690863685.png

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GUYS..super happy we got this working!

Hi @VeeLearnMSFT 

Glad you've cracked it and agreed, @Rhiassuring is doing a great job here too.

I think you inadvertently added a - to the markdown which is quite picky and this has resulted in the full URL being displayed.  Take a look at my example.

DamoBird365_0-1651695557442.png  

You need to add a new line to your string for formatting.  @tom_riha's blog shows you how to add a return line How to add new line ('\n') to a string in Power Automate (tomriha.com) with the expression decodeUriComponent('%0A').

I've added folder path to the name in the append to string and also a - at the start of the line, which is a bullet mark in markdown. Use markdown to format Power Automate approvals - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

This results in the following output:

DamoBird365_1-1651695752111.png

Good luck!

Damien

Almost there but I have no idea why my dynamic functions are not showing up in the teams environment. Usually when I click in any of those areas in flow.microsoft.com and there are possibilities of dynamic functions a window shows up to the side.  It doesnt come up anywhere.  I am not sure why.  

Is there another way I can get the decodeUri.... function?

VeeLearnMSFT_1-1651697129226.png

Hi @VeeLearnMSFT 

Genuinely, I think Power Automate is being upgraded! I was having problems too tonight. It looks like experimental features are being made permanent. Try zooming out and the expression builder may appear. Otherwise try tomorrow.

Damien

Nevermind, I figured it out..Apparently when the screen resolutions drops below a certain threshold it gets rid of dynamic content.  

Helpful resources

Announcements

Exclusive LIVE Community Event: Power Apps Copilot Coffee Chat with Copilot Studio Product Team

It's time for the SECOND Power Apps Copilot Coffee Chat featuring the Copilot Studio product team, which will be held LIVE on April 3, 2024 at 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).     This is an incredible opportunity to connect with members of the Copilot Studio product team and ask them anything about Copilot Studio. We'll share our special guests with you shortly--but we want to encourage to mark your calendars now because you will not want to miss the conversation.   This live event will give you the unique opportunity to learn more about Copilot Studio plans, where we’ll focus, and get insight into upcoming features. We’re looking forward to hearing from the community, so bring your questions!   TO GET ACCESS TO THIS EXCLUSIVE AMA: Kudo this post to reserve your spot! Reserve your spot now by kudoing this post.  Reservations will be prioritized on when your kudo for the post comes through, so don't wait! Click that "kudo button" today.   Invitations will be sent on April 2nd.Users posting Kudos after April 2nd at 9AM PDT may not receive an invitation but will be able to view the session online after conclusion of the event. Give your "kudo" today and mark your calendars for April 3, 2024 at 9:30 AM PDT and join us for an engaging and informative session!

Tuesday Tip: Unlocking Community Achievements and Earning Badges

TUESDAY TIPS are our way of communicating helpful things we've learned or shared that have helped members of the Community. Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned pro, Tuesday Tips will help you know where to go, what to look for, and navigate your way through the ever-growing--and ever-changing--world of the Power Platform Community! We cover basics about the Community, provide a few "insider tips" to make your experience even better, and share best practices gleaned from our most active community members and Super Users.   With so many new Community members joining us each week, we'll also review a few of our "best practices" so you know just "how" the Community works, so make sure to watch the News & Announcements each week for the latest and greatest Tuesday Tips!     THIS WEEK'S TIP: Unlocking Achievements and Earning BadgesAcross the Communities, you'll see badges on users profile that recognize and reward their engagement and contributions. These badges each signify a different achievement--and all of those achievements are available to any Community member! If you're a seasoned pro or just getting started, you too can earn badges for the great work you do. Check out some details on Community badges below--and find out more in the detailed link at the end of the article!       A Diverse Range of Badges to Collect The badges you can earn in the Community cover a wide array of activities, including: Kudos Received: Acknowledges the number of times a user’s post has been appreciated with a “Kudo.”Kudos Given: Highlights the user’s generosity in recognizing others’ contributions.Topics Created: Tracks the number of discussions initiated by a user.Solutions Provided: Celebrates the instances where a user’s response is marked as the correct solution.Reply: Counts the number of times a user has engaged with community discussions.Blog Contributor: Honors those who contribute valuable content and are invited to write for the community blog.       A Community Evolving Together Badges are not only a great way to recognize outstanding contributions of our amazing Community members--they are also a way to continue fostering a collaborative and supportive environment. As you continue to share your knowledge and assist each other these badges serve as a visual representation of your valuable contributions.   Find out more about badges in these Community Support pages in each Community: All About Community Badges - Power Apps CommunityAll About Community Badges - Power Automate CommunityAll About Community Badges - Copilot Studio CommunityAll About Community Badges - Power Pages Community

Tuesday Tips: Powering Up Your Community Profile

TUESDAY TIPS are our way of communicating helpful things we've learned or shared that have helped members of the Community. Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned pro, Tuesday Tips will help you know where to go, what to look for, and navigate your way through the ever-growing--and ever-changing--world of the Power Platform Community! We cover basics about the Community, provide a few "insider tips" to make your experience even better, and share best practices gleaned from our most active community members and Super Users.   With so many new Community members joining us each week, we'll also review a few of our "best practices" so you know just "how" the Community works, so make sure to watch the News & Announcements each week for the latest and greatest Tuesday Tips!   This Week's Tip: Power Up Your Profile!  🚀 It's where every Community member gets their start, and it's essential that you keep it updated! Your Community User Profile is how you're able to get messages, post solutions, ask questions--and as you rank up, it's where your badges will appear and how you'll be known when you start blogging in the Community Blog. Your Community User Profile is how the Community knows you--so it's essential that it works the way you need it to! From changing your username to updating contact information, this Knowledge Base Article is your best resource for powering up your profile.     Password Puzzles? No Problem! Find out how to sync your Azure AD password with your community account, ensuring a seamless sign-in. No separate passwords to remember! Job Jumps & Email Swaps Changed jobs? Got a new email? Fear not! You'll find out how to link your shiny new email to your existing community account, keeping your contributions and connections intact. Username Uncertainties Unraveled Picking the perfect username is crucial--and sometimes the original choice you signed up with doesn't fit as well as you may have thought. There's a quick way to request an update here--but remember, your username is your community identity, so choose wisely. "Need Admin Approval" Warning Window? If you see this error message while using the community, don't worry. A simple process will help you get where you need to go. If you still need assistance, find out how to contact your Community Support team. Whatever you're looking for, when it comes to your profile, the Community Account Support Knowledge Base article is your treasure trove of tips as you navigate the nuances of your Community Profile. It’s the ultimate resource for keeping your digital identity in tip-top shape while engaging with the Power Platform Community. So, dive in and power up your profile today!  💪🚀   Community Account Support | Power Apps Community Account Support | Power AutomateCommunity Account Support | Copilot Studio  Community Account Support | Power Pages

Super User of the Month | Chris Piasecki

In our 2nd installment of this new ongoing feature in the Community, we're thrilled to announce that Chris Piasecki is our Super User of the Month for March 2024. If you've been in the Community for a while, we're sure you've seen a comment or marked one of Chris' helpful tips as a solution--he's been a Super User for SEVEN consecutive seasons!   Since authoring his first reply in April 2020 to his most recent achievement organizing the Canadian Power Platform Summit this month, Chris has helped countless Community members with his insights and expertise. In addition to being a Super User, Chris is also a User Group leader, Microsoft MVP, and a featured speaker at the Microsoft Power Platform Conference. His contributions to the new SUIT program, along with his joyous personality and willingness to jump in and help so many members has made Chris a fixture in the Power Platform Community.   When Chris isn't authoring solutions or organizing events, he's actively leading Piasecki Consulting, specializing in solution architecture, integration, DevOps, and more--helping clients discover how to strategize and implement Microsoft's technology platforms. We are grateful for Chris' insightful help in the Community and look forward to even more amazing milestones as he continues to assist so many with his great tips, solutions--always with a smile and a great sense of humor.You can find Chris in the Community and on LinkedIn. Thanks for being such a SUPER user, Chris! 💪 🌠  

Find Out What Makes Super Users So Super

We know many of you visit the Power Platform Communities to ask questions and receive answers. But do you know that many of our best answers and solutions come from Community members who are super active, helping anyone who needs a little help getting unstuck with Business Applications products? We call these dedicated Community members Super Users because they are the real heroes in the Community, willing to jump in whenever they can to help! Maybe you've encountered them yourself and they've solved some of your biggest questions. Have you ever wondered, "Why?"We interviewed several of our Super Users to understand what drives them to help in the Community--and discover the difference it has made in their lives as well! Take a look in our gallery today: What Motivates a Super User? - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

March User Group Update: New Groups and Upcoming Events!

Welcome to this month’s celebration of our Community User Groups and exciting User Group events. We’re thrilled to introduce some brand-new user groups that have recently joined our vibrant community. Plus, we’ve got a lineup of engaging events you won’t want to miss. Let’s jump right in: New User Groups   Sacramento Power Platform GroupANZ Power Platform COE User GroupPower Platform MongoliaPower Platform User Group OmanPower Platform User Group Delta StateMid Michigan Power Platform Upcoming Events  DUG4MFG - Quarterly Meetup - Microsoft Demand PlanningDate: 19 Mar 2024 | 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM Central America Standard TimeDescription: Dive into the world of manufacturing with a focus on Demand Planning. Learn from industry experts and share your insights. Dynamics User Group HoustonDate: 07 Mar 2024 | 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM Central America Standard TimeDescription: Houston, get ready for an immersive session on Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform. Connect with fellow professionals and expand your knowledge. Reading Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Group (Q1)Date: 05 Mar 2024 | 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM GMT Standard TimeDescription: Join our virtual meetup for insightful discussions, demos, and community updates. Let’s kick off Q1 with a bang! Leaders, Create Your Events!  Leaders of existing User Groups, don’t forget to create your events within the Community platform. By doing so, you’ll enable us to share them in future posts and newsletters. Let’s spread the word and make these gatherings even more impactful! Stay tuned for more updates, inspiring stories, and collaborative opportunities from and for our Community User Groups.   P.S. Have an event or success story to share? Reach out to us – we’d love to feature you!

Users online (6,016)