cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexandercPAE

Page approval - auto approved if submitted by approver

I am hoping someone here can help, as there appears to be a variety of very helpful and knowledgeable people. I did a search but could not find what I am attempting covered.

I am working on a page approval flow. I used the "default" one that is created; however, since I am the creator of many of the pages AND the approver, I'd like to be able to just allow anything that I submit to be approved automatically, rather than it running through the system, sending myself an email, and making me approve it.

I am likely missing something easy, so I appreciate the help. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @alexandercPAE,

could you please explain in details what do you want to achieve? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

Sure thing.

I am the "site admin" or whatever for my subsite in our intranet hub. As such, I have created a permission for those who are working on pages within my site for approval. When they submit, it flows to me, I review, and can approve or deny the page edits.

However, this flow is activated whenever anyone creates a page - including myself. So after I edit a page, I have to "submit" the page to be reviewed and approved - by myself. I then get an email and have to approve it like I would anyone else.

I've looked at the flow and I can't seem to find a way for it to verify that it is me "submitting" it and automatically marking the page as approved.

Hi @alexandercPAE,

could you show the flow?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

@alexandercPAE what you need is add a condition. see if the email who creates is equal to your email then is true and nothing happeds, and if is false you can send the approval.

condi.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

@ChristianAbata thank you for this. I tried to add one that used the built-in parameters - which is from the initiator of the process; however, I could not get it to understand/read a "yes" and use that flow.

If you have more insight on how to use the "Outputs", I'd appreciate it.

shure @alexandercPAE  the output has the email of the person who creates something, normally is called created by.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,150)