cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaneITAutomate
Post Patron
Post Patron

Pagination Increase, Subscription help? what subscriptions do i need to buy to make this work?

Hi, I have a simple flow (see below) in which i need the flow to check the ID's match on two lists and update the items when the ID's match, The list currently have around 12000 and will grow around 40000 for the life of project. (ill make it 100,000 to ensure)

Here is the error too

Flow save failed with code 'InvalidPaginationPolicy' and message 'The pagination policy of workflow run action 'Get_items' of type 'OpenApiConnection' at line '1' and column '1250' is not valid. The value specified for property 'minimumItemsCount' exceeds the maximum allowed. Actual: '100000'. Maximum: '5000'.'.

ShaneITAutomate_0-1626223143529.png

I see from others that i need to get a better performance plan.

Currently every user is on the free power-automate plan, what is the cheapest option for the company im contracting too make this flow work?

Do i have to just upgrade the user account i use for the creation of that flow or do i have to do something else (im in Australia if that makes a difference)

Could someone show me what i need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Kcronic1 wrote:

Hello @ShaneITAutomate,

In reviewing your post it appears that you are getting a pagination error due to exceeding the maximum limit of 5000 requests, and you  are wanting to know if this limit can be increased with an alternative Power Automate plan.

Unfortunately, this particular limit is hard coded for the actions in a flow using Power Automate and an alternate plan will not increase these limits.

Here's a link that will explain the item limits of the action in Power Automate: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/business-apps/power-automate/guidance/working-with-g...

Helpfully this helps! 😉

Regards,

Kristie

Community Support Team

If this post helps, then please click on the "Accept it as the solution" to help the other members find it more quickly.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: Get Help + Support - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

Thats not true, you can increase pagination by buying any plan with a higher performance (not the free flow accounts) i was able to change it too 100,000 by purchasing a per user plan. ($20.60 a month) im currently testing it at the moment, but microsoft support told me it would work

I just tested it and i can confirm if you change the flow user account to a per user and update the get files pagination settings to 100000 it works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kcronic1
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @ShaneITAutomate,

In reviewing your post it appears that you are getting a pagination error due to exceeding the maximum limit of 5000 requests, and you  are wanting to know if this limit can be increased with an alternative Power Automate plan.

Unfortunately, this particular limit is hard coded for the actions in a flow using Power Automate and an alternate plan will not increase these limits.

Here's a link that will explain the item limits of the action in Power Automate: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/business-apps/power-automate/guidance/working-with-g...

Helpfully this helps! 😉

Regards,

Kristie

Community Support Team

If this post helps, then please click on the "Accept it as the solution" to help the other members find it more quickly.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: Get Help + Support - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

@Kcronic1 wrote:

Hello @ShaneITAutomate,

Helpfully this helps! 😉

Regards,

Kristie

Community Support Team

Thats not true, you can increase pagination by buying any plan with a higher performance (not the free flow accounts) i was able to change it too 100,000 by purchasing a per user plan. ($20.60 a month) im currently testing it at the moment, but microsoft support told me it would work

I just tested it and i can confirm if you change the flow user account to a per user and update the get files pagination settings to 100000 it works.

I have a list with 14,900 items, and have a free plan. I am able to set the Get Items Threshold to 100,000 and retrieve all 14,900 items.  One caveat, this only works if it is an Instant Flow that manually gets triggered.  It will not work with any other trigger.  That makes no sense.

Probably keep that to yourself, before someone charges for that one too.. I believe Microsoft is trying to get a feel on how to charge for influx of relatively new businesses using their product packages and are trying to encourage us to make many smaller lists or upgrade to a more superior product like SQL. They have to understand we cannot have a small list on certain items so do they think we will really be able to make certain lists smaller? They need to adjust the rules to be able to pay for pagination and all large list issues up to a million.. Perhaps only allow text fields for example and a higher cost? This "large" list issue has caused myself at least a month of unpaid learning for workarounds and I have literally thrown Microsoft around 1000 individual users subscriptions through many businesses wishing to go digital and utilise software automation, they should be paying me.

However i ain't a Microsoft Rep or highly skilled i just use the product and am self taught so perhaps I'm wrong.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (4,043)