cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Parallel approval from people picker

Hi,

i need help with some approvals, in a form i have a people picker item (you can choose multiple items).

in flow i have an do until an a switch to change the workflow actions, when i try to validate if someone approved the workflow keeps in loop(i think the reason is the apply to each), doesn't change the variable value (the approvals reach to the mails, but when someone approves doesn't continue, at the same time is needed to approve everyone).

is there some way to get only the first to approve and continue the workflow? if there's some way to don't use apply to each and don't add a lot of people picker fields it would be great.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If you add people using the People Picker then they will come in to Flow as an array.  That's when you use an Apply to Each Loop to get each array entry and append it to a string variable with a semicolon.  Then use that variable for the approvers list as I mentioned in the previous reply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You can use one approval action to send an approval to multiple people at the same time by adding their emails as a semicolon delimited list. If the Approval type is set to First one to approve then the approval will continue after the first person has a approved the approval.  This will avoid the use of an Apply to each loop, other than gathering the emails up into a semicolon delimited list.

Can you explain me that? I don't get it

How add mails? With people picker or with a text field?

Thanks!
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

As you can see from the following image, I've set the approval type to "First to Approve" but added three email addresses to the approvers list.  This can also be done by building a semicolon delimeted list of email addresses as a variable using a Apply to each loop and then submitting the variable where I've typed in names. in my case three approval emails will be sent and when the first person responds the flow will move on.

screenshot.png

the problem it's i need to add people using the people picket, but i managed to add it to a text field with ; separating the mails and worked perfect!

Thank you very much!

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If you add people using the People Picker then they will come in to Flow as an array.  That's when you use an Apply to Each Loop to get each array entry and append it to a string variable with a semicolon.  Then use that variable for the approvers list as I mentioned in the previous reply.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,489)