cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcutchins
Resolver I
Resolver I

Parent - Child Flow Containing HTTP Request to SharePoint

Has anyone successfully included a step for "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint" within a Child Flow?  Whenever I include this step in particular, I get an error message within the Parent (calling) Flow, 

Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Flow client error returned with status code "BadRequest" and details "{"error":{"code":"ChildFlowsUnsupportedForNonOpenApiConnections","message":"The workflow with id '333ec5de-3149-eb11-a812-001dd83049a3', name Child - Metadata Default cannot be used as a child workflow because it is on an old version of Flow. Please re-create it inside a solution."}}". Code: 0x80060467 InnerError: '.

When I remove the step, the Parent Flow saves just fine.  I have created the Flow within the same solution so the error message is misleading.

4 REPLIES 4
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @mcutchins 

Have you tried to recreate the parent flow (from zero) in the same solution as the child flow?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Yes, I have recreated the Flow (new name even) within the same solution and no such luck.  It is that particular step as I can add other children flows without a problem.

Hello @mcutchins 

Could you change the child flow connections? Each connection you have defined in your flow is by default set to be run by the current user (1), but you could change them to use one of the defined connections (the same as the parent flow) (2).

image-16

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

I did that as well.  Not sure what happened, but today when I save, the Flow does not throw an error 😕  Maybe MS fixed the issue in the backend.  The parent/child flow is working as expected now.  Thanks for the assist @fchopo !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (2,821)