Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomDennison_BDP
Helper I
Helper I

Parent Child Flows / Existing Flows Do Not Appear

Hi All:

I have created a series of manual flows that I now wish to automate into one flow where one of the children runs after the other. 

That said, when I go into Solutions and create a new Solution, None of the child flows I have created show up when I wish to use them in the Solution. I can create new flows, but cannot reference the existing flows at all. All flows are in the same environment. Is there anything special about a flow that makes it available to be used in a solution?

Thanks!

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Flows created inside a Solution are different than Flows created standalone.  For example, Flows created inside a solution can use Connection references.  At this point adding manual flows to a solution after they were created outside the solution is a known Limitation.

image.png

Solutions in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Flows created inside a Solution are different than Flows created standalone.  For example, Flows created inside a solution can use Connection references.  At this point adding manual flows to a solution after they were created outside the solution is a known Limitation.

image.png

Solutions in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you sir. I did see that in the docs but was hoping there was some change over time. After working on a project for three months I have had my fill of "known limitations" and "suggest this as a feature". 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (6,778)