cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Parent / Child Flows in Solutions (Solutions Security)

My goal is to create parent and child flows (thus I require them to be part of an environment / solution) to prevent users from seeing the logic / information in the child flows.

It appears that child flows can only be called from the parent flow if in the same "solution". I'd like my users to be able to run the flows in the context of their own personal connections. These are automated flows so a run-only user won't work. I also can't add the user as an additional owner either as the flow will run using my connections (also, they will see the logic / information). 

- The only solution I have is to "Send a Copy" of the Parent Flow to the user.

- Does this new Copy have to also be saved in the original solution to be able to run the child flow?

- If so, how can I prevent the user from seeing the other flows in the solution?

Are there any resources / documentation / blogs anyone can point me towards? Does anyone have any advice or has experienced this issue?

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Shaun

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

is the same https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Sharing-Flows-in-quot-Solutions-quot/m-p/539596#M... right @ShaunW ?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

No. That link is re: an issue specifically relating to the button not showing up on a run-only user's mobile app.

This is a question re: solutions and access re: Parent / Child flows.

Highlighted

oh @ShaunW  I see, as far as I know this is not possible yiu can't hide spefific flows.

What you can do is block conectors as DLP see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwqH_FlH6jE

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

I see. That's interesting; however, i'm not looking to block connectors because I want too connectors to run in the context of the user that "executes" the flow.

So we can't all be "owners".

The only idea I have is to "send a copy" of this flow to every user.

Where does this user save the flow?

- Can they just save it in "My Flows"

- Do they have to create their own solution in order to access the child flow?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,201)