My goal is to create parent and child flows (thus I require them to be part of an environment / solution) to prevent users from seeing the logic / information in the child flows.
It appears that child flows can only be called from the parent flow if in the same "solution". I'd like my users to be able to run the flows in the context of their own personal connections. These are automated flows so a run-only user won't work. I also can't add the user as an additional owner either as the flow will run using my connections (also, they will see the logic / information).
- The only solution I have is to "Send a Copy" of the Parent Flow to the user.
- Does this new Copy have to also be saved in the original solution to be able to run the child flow?
- If so, how can I prevent the user from seeing the other flows in the solution?
Are there any resources / documentation / blogs anyone can point me towards? Does anyone have any advice or has experienced this issue?
Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
No. That link is re: an issue specifically relating to the button not showing up on a run-only user's mobile app.
This is a question re: solutions and access re: Parent / Child flows.
I see. That's interesting; however, i'm not looking to block connectors because I want too connectors to run in the context of the user that "executes" the flow.
So we can't all be "owners".
The only idea I have is to "send a copy" of this flow to every user.
Where does this user save the flow?
- Can they just save it in "My Flows"
- Do they have to create their own solution in order to access the child flow?
Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.
A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.
Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!