Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WarLord
Level: Powered On

Parse JSON Assistance

Hello,

When a Jira issue is added I want to create an issue in a Sharepoint list. That works fine. However, I need to verify the issue is not already in the list. So I am doing a get items using a filter query (and I have no idea if the filter query is working at this point) as shown:

Capture.PNG

Then based on some example I've seen I do a compose, to deteremine if anything was retrieved from the Sharepoint list.

Then I send an email to see the results from the compose2, and below are the results. I'm getting the actual function, not the output from the function. I saw a video with this exact example online, and it worked for them. Why is "Output" from the compose step the function call?

Capture 1.PNG

The condition statment isn't working either. I suspect I'm calling the function wrong in the condition statement. I've tried to use the function logic, so it has the "fx" in front of the call. I've surrounded the call with quotes, double quotes, preceeded it with the "@" sign, etc. and nothing. I've not been able to find the format of putting JSON code into condition or compose boxes.

Email output:

Capture2.PNG

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SCTdan
Level 8

Re: Parse JSON Assistance

To enter an expression direct like that, you use this format-

"@expression()"

IBJjDFq

Entering that into the body of an email will not work though, the email will take the literal value of whatever text you enter.  You need to use an actual output or variable, like you have with Count in your example.

Your condition expression is correct, just use the above format.

I don't want to assume either way, but just in case you're not familiar- 

Any reason you're trying to enter expressions directly?  Not that you can't of course, but I tend to work with the expression editor in most cases, can be faster when trying to access dynamic content (and I'm lazy so autocomplete is nice)-

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SCTdan
Level 8

Re: Parse JSON Assistance

To enter an expression direct like that, you use this format-

"@expression()"

IBJjDFq

Entering that into the body of an email will not work though, the email will take the literal value of whatever text you enter.  You need to use an actual output or variable, like you have with Count in your example.

Your condition expression is correct, just use the above format.

I don't want to assume either way, but just in case you're not familiar- 

Any reason you're trying to enter expressions directly?  Not that you can't of course, but I tend to work with the expression editor in most cases, can be faster when trying to access dynamic content (and I'm lazy so autocomplete is nice)-

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 109 members 3,329 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: